Garmin Monterra

GB-team

On the Monterra, teh description of the geocaches is not complete.

First when the CO use images, they are not displayed. So, most of the mysteries are not usable with this GPS.

Then, for example a multi. After the first coördinates (somtimes earlier), the description is broken.

I have used different ways to put the geocaches on the gps.

1. GSAK : description not complete, no vissible html-code

2. via Geocaching.com : description not complete, vissible html-code (<br>, ....)

In the 2 cases, the description was not complete, and end in both ways at the same place.

Is there someone who have a complete description for all geocaches? Are there other users with this same problem ?

( extra : logs are OK, but photo's is always empty )

On the Monterra, teh description of the geocaches is not complete.

First when the CO use images, they are not displayed. So, most of the mysteries are not usable with this GPS.

Then, for example a multi. After the first coördinates (somtimes earlier), the description is broken.

I have used different ways to put the geocaches on the gps.

1. GSAK : description not complete, no vissible html-code

2. via Geocaching.com : description not complete, vissible html-code (<br>, ....)

In the 2 cases, the description was not complete, and end in both ways at the same place.

Is there someone who have a complete description for all geocaches? Are there other users with this same problem ?

( extra : logs are OK, but photo's is always empty )

hej,

Logs are ok so far, i get no full discription on the screen seems to little space ,and no fotos.

I think you need to download the fotos seperate with another program.

It was not possible for me to work with GSAK, i do not now how it works with GGZ files, maybe you can explane that..

Macro is GarminExport - Universal Garmin GPX/GGZ Export - Oregon,Colorado,Dakota,GPSMap 62,GPSMap 78, Montana

You can make the the choice between GPX and GGZ.

I have more the 20.000 geocachen on the SD Card. With GGZ it works a little faster, but I can not believe that you can put millions of geocaches....

I have tested again the descriptions, and I see that you have the same problem.

Luc

Macro is GarminExport - Universal Garmin GPX/GGZ Export - Oregon,Colorado,Dakota,GPSMap 62,GPSMap 78, Montana

You can make the the choice between GPX and GGZ.

I have more the 20.000 geocachen on the SD Card. With GGZ it works a little faster, but I can not believe that you can put millions of geocaches....

I have tested again the descriptions, and I see that you have the same problem.

Luc

hej, yes i have tride that bud it don't work for me....when i connect to GSAK and connect the gps ,push the button to the Macro GarminExport..than i get the message that it can not find the gps...and than it is for me impossible to download the caches.

Even if i continue with this then i get a message att the end "failed to send data" or something like that..."You have to restart GSAK".

what's wrong!!

ok, that is correct, and that is actualy a problem...

But you can do the following things.

Create a map GARMIN in your C drive (C:/MAP)

Create a map GGZ in that map (C:/MAP/GZZ)

In the macro, set both on C (SD Card and GPS)

The geocaches are installed now on the C-drive. Then copy them (also POI and PO_stash) to the SD-card.

Works fine.

Luc

The geocaches are installed now on the C-drive. Then copy them (also POI and PO_stash) to the SD-card.

Works fine.

Luc

An option is to use Thomfre's WiFi solution. I use this myself.

Works fine.

Luc

Hej,

This sollution works fine...bud....

i installed about a 1000 caches on my sd this morning, oke

this afternoon i switched on the gps and i a looked att my downloaded caches and there where only 4 of them left,,the others has disapeared!!

So i connected the gps to my pc and they where still on my sd ( Default GSAK Data File 5.84 MB that was all what was in the map),bud not visible on my gps,how is that possible.

Do i mis something...? Did i something wrong?

I have installed the latest firmware .

Works fine.

Luc

Hej,

this afternoon i switched on the gps and i a looked att my downloaded caches and there where only 4 of them left,,the others has disapeared!!

So i connected the gps to my pc and they where still on my sd ( Default GSAK Data File 5.84 MB that was all what was in the map),bud not visible on my gps,how is that possible.

If your unit is set to look for "nearest caches" most of your downloaded caches may be out of the search radius. Try search by name and see if the all show up.

Works fine.

Luc

Hej,

If your unit is set to look for "nearest caches" most of your downloaded caches may be out of the search radius. Try search by name and see if the all show up.

hi, where can i find this setup "nearest caches".

I looked on my monterra bud did'nt find anything.!

strange question... the display let see you always the nearest caches, not ?

Yes that is so,but i live in sweden and i installed 6 caches hidden in holland,i can't see them in my list .

I see them only on the map when i scroll to Holland.

I can see the nearest cache thats right,bud i can not change the display settings to "show by name" if thats what you mean.