Received a strange email

bjohio

So..... I need some advice on how to proceed with an email that I received regarding one of my TB's.

The email said,

"I just picked up your "paper" TB, XXXXXXXXXX, from GCXXXXX today. I'm trying to log that I retrieved it, but it won't let me. It says that I have to post the number that is on the back of the actual TB. Would you please send it so I can log it? Thanks."

:blink:

The original bug was a key chain with a dog tag type TB attached. No sure what a "paper" TB is...

If I didn't know better, it almost sounds like someone is trying to scam me out of my TB number. Even weirder, is that the cacher has over 1000 finds, over 100 trackables logged, and been a member since 2010. Not the kind of thing an experienced cacher would do.

Suggestions?

Exactly the kind of thing an experienced cacher would do. Most of my fake finds, fake 'discoveries' ,and 'found its' on missing caches...were from very experienced cachers.

It's all about the almighty number count...

Email them back and ask them to clarify...

Edited by JesandTodd

Did you happen to included a travel bug description page when you sent out your TB?

Maybe the page was left behind in a cache. The newby reads the page and thinks it is the TB.

You know, I never thought about that. I do try to make a small "info" sheet that goes in the baggie with my TB. I don't remember if I made one for this bug or not. The hitch on that theory is the the cacher who contacted me was not a newbie.

I did sent an email out a few days ago to the cacher as suggested - NO REPLY... (yet)... <_<