Someone interested in a Searchlist Mission?

yanagi

Do you have a an up to date searchlist somewhere in the internet (cointracking, mygeodb or somwhere else)?

Are you listed in the Geocoinforum Address List?

Why not starting a mission out of these information?

Here is the description:

I will start the mission, but before I start it, all coiners who want to be part in this round have to post here the link to their searchlist and that they are ready for the mission. After some days/weeks of collecting participants for the first mission round I choose one coin of all the searchlists that I can fullfill somehow and that I send to the one who is searching for it as a surprise.

The one who gets this coin has to start the second round. Again all the coiners who want to be part of the second round.... (and so on)

A few more rules have to be fixed before the start but for now I would just like to know if something like that is of interest for you. If my description is not clear enough which wouldn't surprise me (I had a delicious wine today) just let me know and I would explain it again in the morning :D .

When there are enough people who participate then there should be a lot of coins in all the wishlists. But if only people participate with very exclusive wishlists, then there is indeed a problem. If there is such a problem and nobody who can help, then the last coiner can send me a surprise coin, no matter what it is. In the end I started the mission with a coin and I get a surprise coin back.

I am interested in joining, as well. I will have to put my searchlist together. I do see a problem for people (like me, maybe) who don't have big wish lists or who have very hard to find coins, that they will not be selected to receive a coin ever. Or that they will always receive a surprise coin, instead (which is okay with me, as I do like almost everything). So, if I join, I will just have to realize the possibility that I still will not receive a coin on my wish list. Thanks for putting this together. I'll keep watch on the post.

I am interested in joining, as well. I will have to put my searchlist together. I do see a problem for people (like me, maybe) who don't have big wish lists or who have very hard to find coins, that they will not be selected to receive a coin ever. Or that they will always receive a surprise coin, instead (which is okay with me, as I do like almost everything). So, if I join, I will just have to realize the possibility that I still will not receive a coin on my wish list. Thanks for putting this together. I'll keep watch on the post.

Diane, you only have to send a coin when you received one, so the only one who will get "only" a surprise coin is the one who started the chain and that is me. The only risk for all other participants is almost zero. It is possible that you never get a coin because nobody finds something from your wishlist, then you don't have to send a coin. If you get a coin from this mission, you have to send a wishlist coin to another participant or a surprise coin to me, if you can't find a wishlist coin!

Edited by yanagi

So we have 8 with interest, but I think we need a few more, because the more wishlists the higher the chance that people will find a coin thatbthey can send.

Hey, when joining there is a chance to get a nice coin from your wishlist (I'm sure not one of the very rare ones though) and the risk is almost none. If you can't find a coin in the wishlists that you want to send out you have to send me a surprise coin as a replacement of the first coin I send out.

OK ... would like to be counted in ... but have to start a 'wanted' list from scratch.

All of our desired coins were recently located through the holiday season and many thanks to some awesome coiners in the forum. Have no 'current' list available, but looks like my coin addict partner will have a little time to get something together.

1. mamoreb

2. Dofferson

3. jpbarr

4. scificollector

5. grodam & fiabus

6. steben6

7. Greenish

8. Toojin

9. Getzie Family

10. nevadanick

11. Six Little Spookies

Ok, I hope that maybe a few more will join this mission but I will definitely start this mission. Up to now the people in the list above only showed interest of course. I will work on some rules. When you agree to the rules you can officially register to this mission with a link to your searchlist. If you don't have one up to now you better start to work on one. As I said it is not of importance where you have that searchlist (for example you can write your coins on the site of an active coin that is not or no longer travelling). Please be as detailes as possible. If you are looking only for a special version of a coin you have to write it -no further specification means you are looking for any version of a coin. If you are only looking for very exclusive coins the chance is low that someone can fullfill one of them. Of course nobody is forced to give away a coin that you want to keep in your collection. If you have questions please ask.

I will most probably post the rules next weekend and then wil wait for another 1-2 weeks to let the people register.