Oregon 450 Touchscreen

Does anyone know a way to recalibrate a touch screen on an Oregon 450? When I go into the screen that lets me change name of a waypoint or just to type in information on a where I go page That touch screen does not work around the edges only in the center charecters. And they seem to be a little off (ex I have to tap slightly above the letter to get it to print. Thanks in advance gojoey

@mineral2

That is exactly what I do, and is why I am VERY resistant (bad pun in this case) to moving to any Garmin device with a capacitive screen. The resistive screen of the Oregon units, while not quite as bright as some of the newer devices, lends itself to that kind of thing. Once I've signed the log (especially in this weather with gloves on) it's nice to use the closed tip of my pen to do my field notes.

With my Zagg screen protector on mine I have always used my fingernail, is a lot easier and more accurate, with a little practice. I don't use the center of my fingernail but the end of the nail about half way between the center and outside edge (with index finger on about a 45 degree angle). I keep my fingernails very short and never have a problem doing it this way as long as I always drag my finger and don't push my finger.