Hide and Seek bug

rcm999

Sorry that I misspoke and caused confusion. When I navigate to www.geocaching.com --> Play --> Hide and Seek a Cache --> Seek a Cache --> By Address, and I type in a valid address and click Go, I will many times get a pop up error message telling me "Sorry, I cannot determine a location for . . . ". I get the message at times even after typing in previously recognized addresses.

When and if the location is recognized, I click "Map This Location" and select the caches I want to hunt, and add them to a previously created list. From that list, I run a PQ.

At any rate, I tried again and I get an error when I type in my home address and my work address telling me it cannot recognize the respective location(s).

Easy solution... should you decide to adopt it...

Bring up your local map >

scroll to the area you plan to cache in >

pick a cache (copy the code) as a centerpoint of the PQ >

paste that code in the appropriate window on the PQ page...

... or you can queue up a Pocket Query directly from the map page you have in view -- it would be circular, not squared as the screen is, but adjustments are made easily enough.

If you don't need to scroll halfway around the world, it works just fine, and its just as easy - if not more so - than using that search function. There are so many different "types" (formats) of addresses, I fail to see the search function ever operating from addresses. It has troubles with city names and postal/zip codes alone!