NEW COIN: Cache Maintenance

ECplus3

Last Summer a local cacher asked me if I had ever seen a geocoin promoting cache maintenance. I couldn't recall one, and after a bit of searching I came to the conclusion that there really wasn't one.

So I ran with the idea and came up with this coin. This is a reminder to cache owners and finders alike that you should try to keep caches in good condition for the enjoyment of those that follow you.

42mm square by 3.5mm thick

Translucent and glitter enamels

Tracking info on edge

Trackable and unique icon at Geocaching.com

Available finishes:

Black Nickel

Satin Silver

Satin Gold

Each finish will be available in 'Needs Maintenance' red and 'Owner Maintenance' green.

PHD13500_pic1.jpgPHD13500_pic2.jpg

Satin Silver/green (Owner Maintenance)

PHD13500_pic3.jpg

Satin Silver/red (Needs Maintenance)

These coins will be sold as a pre-sale item starting at noon Eastern time on December 30th and running until January 12th.

Available at http://phdcoins.ca

We are partnering with Chuck at Pale Horse Designs to bring this Cache Maintenance Geocoin presale to our customers in the USA. You can order your presale coins on our website here:

http://www.cacheboxs...esale-Geocoins/

Enjoy & happy caching in 2014!

Logan Wealing

Cachebox Geocaching Store

I was happy to buy the whole set from you. I had responded to your email 'cause I'm on your mailing list. I was disappointed to find out that the whole set on the Pale Horse web site is about six dollars (US) cheaper, even if you factor in the shipping costs from Canada.

We are partnering with Chuck at Pale Horse Designs to bring this Cache Maintenance Geocoin presale to our customers in the USA. You can order your presale coins on our website here:

http://www.cacheboxs...esale-Geocoins/

Enjoy & happy caching in 2014!

Logan Wealing

I was happy to buy the whole set from you. I had responded to your email 'cause I'm on your mailing list. I was disappointed to find out that the whole set on the Pale Horse web site is about six dollars (US) cheaper, even if you factor in the shipping costs from Canada.

Steben6,

We will honor the price difference between the PHD site price and the price your purchased them at. Just shoot us an email to contact@cacheboxstore.com and we will get the price difference refunded ASAP.

Thanks for letting us know.

Logan Wealing

Are they already send?

Because I don't have mine yet... :o

These were sold as a pre-order item. The order went in to the mint on Jan 14th, but with the mint closed for 2 weeks for the Chinese New Year holiday I don't expect to receive them until the end of February.

Will there be a limited number minted for sale beyond the preorder or is the minting limited to the preorder? I didnt see a listing on your website for any of these ones.

I did order a small number extra in each finish which will be available in the webstore as soon as all orders are filled and shipped.

I keep looking at this coin and every time I see it I like it a bit more. The design is elegantly simple with explosive contrast. Really, really well done! :D

Thanks! :D

How are the coins doing? Getting excited to receive them. :)

Same here. :)

The mint has been really slammed due to the long Chinese New Year break. But they are finally caught up and the Maintenance coins were shipped yesterday. I will get them Monday (too late for an event I am hosting tomorrow :( ) and will get them in the mail Tuesday or Wednesday. Sorry for the long wait everyone, but it is nearly over!