Power trails completely disappear when zoomed out

pppingme

Power trails completely disappear when you zoom out on the maps.

This seems to affect some power trails more than others.

Here's an example:

To see the trail:

http://coord.info/map?ll=36.380194,-84.4603&z=12

Yet zoom out one level and 100% gone:

http://coord.info/map?ll=36.380194,-84.4603&z=11

All of the caches along Hwy 297 disappear, not even a hint at any existing.

That is the reason I make sure my maps are always zoomed out! This is an excellent feature designed by compassionate lackeys. :wacko:

:D

Unfortunately that is not a PT feature :( Rather it is a known bug with Premium Member Only caches. One of many issues that GS doesn't seem to want to fix.

"doesn't seem to want to fix"?

I would think that they would "want" to have the perfect geocaching web site. I've always looked at these things, and I was criticized for posting a long list a year ago or so, that they just cant seem to get around to fixing. I've never had the attitude that they simply didn't "want" to fix a known bug.

That is the reason I make sure my maps are always zoomed out! This is an excellent feature designed by compassionate lackeys. :wacko:

:D

Unfortunately that is not a PT feature :( Rather it is a known bug with Premium Member Only caches. One of many issues that GS doesn't seem to want to fix.

"doesn't seem to want to fix"?

I would think that they would "want" to have the perfect geocaching web site. I've always looked at these things, and I was criticized for posting a long list a year ago or so, that they just cant seem to get around to fixing. I've never had the attitude that they simply didn't "want" to fix a known bug.

Agreed. We've all got things we've been meaning to do, if only we had the time/money, GS is no different.

Agreed. We've all got things we've been meaning to do, if only we had the time/money, GS is no different.

By their own admission, they have 40 employee's. This argument doesn't hold water.

I think that they have more employees than that, but I would suspect that that the number of employees that are responsible for the web site is much smaller. The fact is, the amount of development resources available is finite, which means the number of enhancements, feature suggestions, and even bug fixes is finite.

Looks to me like it might more related to proximity than premium vs non premium. I picked a local cluster of 7 caches and zooming from 12 to 11 reduced the cluster to 5. Seems like loads of individual caches go away at level 11 but the general patterns remain. Solution is to search at level 12.

Looks to me like it might more related to proximity than premium vs non premium. I picked a local cluster of 7 caches and zooming from 12 to 11 reduced the cluster to 5. Seems like loads of individual caches go away at level 11 but the general patterns remain. Solution is to search at level 12.

That's just a matter of how they display things. If you zoom out to the entire world, you are not going to see all 2 million icons layered on top of each other.

The PMO caches disappearing at certain zoom level is a known and acknowledged issue,(bug), that will hopefully be fixed in a future site update.

That's just a matter of how they display things. If you zoom out to the entire world, you are not going to see all 2 million icons layered on top of each other.

The PMO caches disappearing at certain zoom level is a known and acknowledged issue,(bug), that will hopefully be fixed in a future site update.

Yes the premium caches disappear at level 11, and so do caches that are too close to other caches.

Yes the premium caches disappear at level 11, and so do caches that are too close to other caches.

Premium caches disappear when zooming out even if there are no other proximate caches to crowd the map. As previously stated this is a known (by GS) bug. You will see the problem at the links in the OP's post.

Look a the specific example links I gave, you'll see the issue.

z=12 is just too far in to research.