Deleting duplicate log entries

W8TTS

I think the answer to this is "No", but I'm still going to ask.

I have a friend, that after a cache run, accidently logged finds on 300+ cache twice. :blink: Is there an easy way to delete these duplicate logs?

Do you mean that he logged duplicates on all 300 caches? How?

If nothing else, he can look at each of those cache pages and see the duplicate logs. If it was recently, this would be one way to find the duplicate logs.

There's been numerous solutions to finding duplicate "found it" logs posted in the forums. A search should turn up those threads.

The most recent has been project-gc.com I haven't really looked at it closely, so I'm not sure how it works.

Also, you've posted this in the Geocaching.com Web Site forum, which is meant for bugs and suggestions. Your post would be more appropriate for the How Do I? forum.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

The question wasn't how to find the caches with the duplicate logs, but how to delete 300 duplicates without going to each individual cache page.

As far as I know, he'll have to delete each log individually. If this occurred within the last 30 days, he can use his private profile page to see all of the logs listed. He can click on Visit Log to go straight to log without have to go through the cache page.

The question wasn't how to find the caches with the duplicate logs, but how to delete 300 duplicates without going to each individual cache page.

As far as I know, he'll have to delete each log individually. If this occurred within the last 30 days, he can use his private profile page to see all of the logs listed. He can click on Visit Log to go straight to log without have to go through the cache page.

Right. Finding the caches isn't the problem, it's deleting ALL the duplicates.

And, he's not going to like the answer. "Go throught them one at a time, and delete one of the logs." :blink::huh: :huh:

I think the answer to this is "No", but I'm still going to ask.

I have a friend, that after a cache run, accidently logged finds on 300+ cache twice. :blink: Is there an easy way to delete these duplicate logs?

Do you mean that he logged duplicates on all 300 caches? How?

If nothing else, he can look at each of those cache pages and see the duplicate logs. If it was recently, this would be one way to find the duplicate logs.

There's been numerous solutions to finding duplicate "found it" logs posted in the forums. A search should turn up those threads.

The most recent has been project-gc.com I haven't really looked at it closely, so I'm not sure how it works.

Also, you've posted this in the Geocaching.com Web Site forum, which is meant for bugs and suggestions. Your post would be more appropriate for the How Do I? forum.

B.

Actually the how isn't to difficult to figure out. Failure to delete geovisits file and using GSAK it can happen if you aren't paying close attention. I speak from experience but the number wasn't so high.

If this occurred within the last 30 days, he can use his private profile page to see all of the logs listed. He can click on Visit Log to go straight to log without have to go through the cache page.

This is going to be the easiest way to get to each one. Just go down the list and ctrl-click on every other "Visit Log" link to open each in a new tab. Then just work through the tabs, clicking delete on each one.

And tell him to pay more attention to what he's doing next time :anibad:

Edited by Lil Devil

He is going to have to delete them one at a time. Something to occupy yourself while watching a game.

Creative suggestion - could be done during a slow-moving game like baseball. :) Careful if bases are loaded - the distraction might result in an accidental deletion of both logs. :o Then we'll have a new thread on how to restore in sequence. :yikes: