How's your summer going, Central Illinois?

CYBret

No real big point to this topic other than I'm curious to hear how the summer's going for other Central Illinois cachers. The heat's been unbearable the last couple of weeks, but that hasn't kept me from finding a few caches. Amazing, though. If it weren't for the caches I definitely would have stayed at home with the AC turned up! icon_wink.gif

Now we seem to be having a little break from the heat. Anyone have big plans to hit some in the next few days?

Just curious.

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

Seems I have done more cache planning than hunting lately. It is hard enough for me to get around sometimes, and with this heat it is more than I can handle sometimes. But the last couple days have been so nice, I am in the mood to do some more hunting. Now where did I place that free time? Between planning a family pool party for next weekend and trying to prepare for vacation in a couple weeks, normal eveing obligations and that nasty time called WORK, I seem to meet myself coming and going. At least the good Lord is keeping me on top of things. Just wish He would give me more free time. hehehehe

Really hoping to do some cache hunting while in northern Wisconsin on vacation if we get the opportunity.

M-D-M Explorations

MrSki and DogMa

40º 07.874'N

88º 11.647'W

Sadly, not geocaching busy. Other stuff busy. And it's going to be that way for a long time. CYBret, it's driving me crazy to see all those caches pop up around my old area while Southern Illinois has very few. Markwell, I still hope to get back to Chicago to finish the Pi someday but it's now a mighty long drive.

I've placed a few (still waiting for someone to find The BIG Confluence Cache and So Close, Yet So Far) and occasionally find a few. But for the most part, I geocache in spirit by checking in on the Central Illinois caches and cachers.

rdw

quote:
CYBret, it's driving me crazy to see all those caches pop up around my old area while Southern Illinois has very few.

The old ones are still fun too. By the way, I finally got around to finding "Trail of Trees" a couple weeks ago. I had time to sit and read through the log book and really enjoyed reading the log from your first cache ever.

"This could be addictive." GREAT quote! icon_wink.gif

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again."

Mt. 13:44

Well, I certainly picked the wrong time of year to find this hobby but, despite the heat I have managed to find several caches and have hidden three. Not bad, i think, for a two week old hobby. At any rate, I have big plans for geocaching when the weather chills out a little but until then I'm going to be limiting my activity. That darn Cardinal Farmers Cache is mine when the temp drop though!

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

Hey, ClayJar found it - so can you icon_wink.gif

I know what you mean. Isn't it a bear when the ones you can't find are out of range for normal caching activities. icon_mad.gif

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/marklent60544/myhomepage/Geocaching/markwellcachemain.htm

http://www.chicagogeocaching.com

I saw on your website that ClayJar had some serious trouble with stage 3. Knowing that makes me feel a little better. I'm not the only one.

rdw