Intersect founds from two geocachers

SSantiago

If either of you have GSAK or similar program, you can each import your finds query into a single database, then transfer all the waypoints onto a map and choose an area away from the hits and run a new cache search on it's centerpoint.

Thanks. I'll try to solve with your solution.

Trucker Lee's advice is poor for two reasons. First, since your friend is not a Premium Member, it will be hard to get a GPX file of finds (the equivalent of a "My Finds" pocket query). Second, sharing GPX files is a violation of the Terms of Use for Pocket Queries.

I would recommend a ToU compliant solution such as Project-GC.com. After you get set up with that authorized Geocaching Live! API Partner, check out the Map Compare function.

Trucker Lee's advice is poor for two reasons. First, since your friend is not a Premium Member, it will be hard to get a GPX file of finds (the equivalent of a "My Finds" pocket query). Second, sharing GPX files is a violation of the Terms of Use for Pocket Queries.

I would recommend a ToU compliant solution such as Project-GC.com. After you get set up with that authorized Geocaching Live! API Partner, check out the Map Compare function.

This is more what I was looking for.

Let's see if I can solve my problem with this.

Great thanks.

If either of you have GSAK or similar program, you can each import your finds query into a single database, then transfer all the waypoints onto a map and choose an area away from the hits and run a new cache search on it's centerpoint.

Mr Trucker Lee you are living in the past. If you have GSAK go to the geocaching.com API access, click advanced, put in your name and hers under "Not found by" and the file returned will be what you want. Now sharing it with her is a whole another issue.

If you have GSAK go to the geocaching.com API access, click advanced, put in your name and hers under "Not found by" and the file returned will be what you want. Now sharing it with her is a whole another issue.

You don't have to share it. Just load the results into your own GPS, and go caching with her. You do the navigating since you have "the list" in your GPS, and she logs via her iThingy app.

If you have GSAK go to the geocaching.com API access, click advanced, put in your name and hers under "Not found by" and the file returned will be what you want. Now sharing it with her is a whole another issue.

Walts..... I've looked at this and my Advanced Tab doesn't have any place to enter that info. What version of GSAK are you using? Have you customized your Advanced tab somehow? :unsure:

You have to have version 8. You are probably looking at advanced under options. Go to the geocaching.com menu then advanced

You don't say what device you have but if it isn't a phone you will have a geovisits file after the day. No rule against sharing that and she can upload it as field notes.

Edited by Walts Hunting

You have to have version 8. You are probably looking at advanced under options. Go to the geocaching.com menu then advanced

You don't say what device you have but if it isn't a phone you will have a geovisits file after the day. No rule against sharing that and she can upload it as field notes.

Ah ha... figured it out. I didn't have the GSAK Defaults chosen under Settings.

Ah ha... figured it out. I didn't have the GSAK Defaults chosen under Settings.

Actually, the key was having "Circle" or "Rectangle" chosen under Reference. You had "GCXXX Code" chosen. Selecting GSAK Defaults had the effect of selecting "Circle" for you.

Uh... No.

I had chosen circle earler as well as rectangle and neither worked. It was changing the drop down box at the bottom to GSAK Defaults that did it.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Project-GC.com, didn't know about that until I discovered another mention of it about 10 minutes ago, I had interpreted the "sharing" provision of the Term of Use as downloading and giving to a third party, not as downloading and using for research as it would have been in this instance.

Edited by Trucker Lee

Mr Trucker Lee you are living in the past. If you have GSAK go to the geocaching.com API access, click advanced, put in your name and hers under "Not found by" and the file returned will be what you want. Now sharing it with her is a whole another issue.

Hadn't discovered that yet in GSAK. Thanks!

Hadn't discovered that yet in GSAK. Thanks!

Yeah it is really nice how much the API accomplishes. Combine that with project-GC and much of what used to take several steps and a macro is now one step.