How to post when I don't find a cach/

Troy63

Ok my daughter and I are brand new here, so we are green to say the least. I have the app for my phone and located two today, but failed on two other searches. I was able to post with the I found it button but failed to learn where or how to post when we were stumped.

Thank you for your help :-)

Ok my daughter and I are brand new here, so we are green to say the least. I have the app for my phone and located two today, but failed on two other searches. I was able to post with the I found it button but failed to learn where or how to post when we were stumped.

Thank you for your help :-)

"DNF" = did not find

A list of log types can be found here:

Help Center → Geocaching 101 → Finding Geocaches

2.3. Geocache Log Types

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=428

B.

Haven't been around for a while but started finding some caches only to hit one that was a real bear. Would like to comment directly on the cache page under the logs but can not find any where to do so. Have looked over the entire page many times, but can not find a comment, reply, etc. option on the cache page. What am I missing?

Where are you logging?

On the website or with an app?

Haven't been around for a while but started finding some caches only to hit one that was a real bear. Would like to comment directly on the cache page under the logs but can not find any where to do so. Have looked over the entire page many times, but can not find a comment, reply, etc. option on the cache page. What am I missing?

If you're on the cache page, in the upper right hand corner click "Log Your Visit". There you should see 5 options..."Found It", "Didn't Find It", "Write Note", "Needs Maintenance" and "Needs Archived". If you didn't find it, then obviously you select "Didn't Find It", and write any comments in the comment section.

If you're using an app (which one?), it should give you the same options.