Central OH groups?

Mr. 0

There really wasn't much of any discussion about the formation of the group. Mainly because there were so many of us and the way we were seated wasn't very condusive to holding a meeting. I think that meeting quarterly is a good idea, as is meeting at various parks around town.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

I just wanted to post an update...I received an e-mail from Mr. Zody (Deputy Dog) of the ODNR today. He is in contact with the Metroparks to help get the ball rolling for us to establish a relationship with the Metroparks. As many of us know our relationship with the Metroparks right now is less than stellar. Hopefully Mr. Zody will be able to help warm the Metroparks up by explaining their views on Geocaching. We still need to put forth the effort though to form the relationship with the Metroparks. The ODNR can only do so much, and as we know actions speak louder than words. Hopefully we can put together a "trash-out" day in the near future, but also keep in mind when on Metropark property to have respect for our surroundings and for the park administration (not that we don't already, but just a friendly reminder). If you get an opportunity to run into some of the Metroparks officials maybe take a moment to introduce yourself and explain what you're doing there. I don't know, but maybe some of the Metroparks folks don't have a very good understanding of our "hobby/sport/whatever you want to call it" and this could help them understand and see that Geocaching truly is a good thing. icon_smile.gif

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Ha, Ha! It's not that cache thing again...

I'm liking COOTers more and more. As far as making fun of it, I've been called worse. Heck, being mistaken for Hooters is not going to lessen out member base by much more than half, right?

They may even allow us a room for activities... Hmmm...

Anyway, My brain is finally thawing out from my last three cache days with average temps around 18. But, I'm proud to say that I'm back in the game thanks to our meeting. Expect a few more, now that I have magnetic caches now!

B

I agree with the Jacksons...I like COG.

Bjorn, I noticed that you've been very busy populating the Marysville area with caches....I might have to get out there on my day off next week!

Also I wanted to start getting ideas from everyone about when they would like to do the first "Trash-out" session....and where, maybe someone knows of a metropark that's really in need of a cleaning. I'd like to be able to go to the Metroparks soon with a plan.

Mr. 0

Ok so BOTH of the last 2 weekends in April it is. I'll stop by the Metroparks office tomorrow and let them know. icon_wink.gif

Seriously though I was thinking sometime maybe early April, if the weather is decent enough by then. Sometime in the summer...maybe in mid July...and then again in early-mid October.

Mr. 0