How do i contact a new which has not Validate there account

gwd.aussie

I want it contact another member which has not validated there account.

They could have a TB i am looking for, and i would like to send a message to them.

but the profile message link it missing

The "send message" feature is disabled because this email address has not been validated by the user.

any ideas

gwd.aussie

If they might have the TB, you could try leaving a message on the TB page -- or maybe in a forum post they responded to, but as long as they don't validate their email, I don't think they'll receive note on either such message.

If you have an idea where they live, you could draft local cachers to help locate them.

The notice you saw pretty much means what it says. When the "send message" feature is disabled, you cannot send an email to that account through the site.

In other forum conversations there is discussion about *requiring* validation before a new geocacher can use a SmartPhone app.

I sure wish they would require validation. A n00b smartphone cacher who has not validated their account and has never visited the website picked up one of my Travel Bugs (mentioned it in their Found log) and I would like to educate them about logging trackables, but there is no way to contact them.

The notice you saw pretty much means what it says. When the "send message" feature is disabled, you cannot send an email to that account through the site.

In other forum conversations there is discussion about *requiring* validation before a new geocacher can use a SmartPhone app.

I sure wish they would require validation. A n00b smartphone cacher who has not validated their account and has never visited the website picked up one of my Travel Bugs (mentioned it in their Found log) and I would like to educate them about logging trackables, but there is no way to contact them.

Exact same thing just happed with one of my TB's Cycle. The cachers log write up only said "Coin".

If they might have the TB, you could try leaving a message on the TB page -- or maybe in a forum post they responded to, but as long as they don't validate their email, I don't think they'll receive note on either such message.

If you have an idea where they live, you could draft local cachers to help locate them.

I have started asking other local cachers.

The account is a bit over a month old and the five caches found by he/she have no other logs on the same days.

i guess a bit of time could fix the problem.

thank-you

I have the same problem - they emailed me saying they picked up my TB by accident and then said they would move it along --- that was three months ago.. They have not log anymore caches nor is their an email I can contact so I can remind them..

What am I to do??

Not much you can do, really. Frustrating though. Wait it out maybe...

If it was me, I'd email Groundspeak about the trackable and ask why unvalidated accounts are allowed.

I have a relative in customer relations. I thought it'd be a stressful gig, but she said few people complain.

- As a dog, I know there is a good use for cats in these situations :)