To all Metairie, LA cachers

Epic Wild Tiger

Not sure if any of you Metairie LA cachers have had trouble with this one, but there's a cache near the Lakeside mall called Tchoupitoulas Parish, that says it's near a fire plug, but when I go near it the GPS goes crazy and keeps fluctuating all over the place. Not sure if that one may have been nabbed or not. Has anyone else found this cache or possibly are also having trouble with it?

The cache page shows 13 finds and NO Did Not Finds. Most of the logs state that it was an easy find. Last found a month ago by an INTRO APP USER who may not even know enough about the game that they can change the default log.

Maybe if you log your DNF, the cache owner might contact you to offer a hint. Or you could contact the cache owner and ask them to verify if it is still there.

Not sure if any of you Metairie LA cachers have had trouble with this one, but there's a cache near the Lakeside mall called Tchoupitoulas Parish, that says it's near a fire plug, but when I go near it the GPS goes crazy and keeps fluctuating all over the place. Not sure if that one may have been nabbed or not. Has anyone else found this cache or possibly are also having trouble with it?

Tchoupitoulas Parish?

http://coord.info/GC4JRCH

Difficulty: 1.5

Terrain: 1.5

Size: micro

13 "found it" logs, no DNF's

Last found 16 November 2013.

You're looking for a micro, presumably on or near the fire plug.

It might be or it might not be there. Who knows?

If you searched for it, and couldn't find it, then you can post a "did not find" log.

And perhaps this post would be more effective in the South and Southeast subforum. You can ask a moderator to move it there by clicking on the "report" button at the bottom of your post.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

The cache page shows 13 finds and NO Did Not Finds. Most of the logs state that it was an easy find. Last found a month ago by an INTRO APP USER who may not even know enough about the game that they can change the default log.

Maybe if you log your DNF, the cache owner might contact you to offer a hint. Or you could contact the cache owner and ask them to verify if it is still there.

Sadly, that cache owner, Short Circuit 2, passed away a few weeks ago. I don't know who's minding his caches now. You might try contacting Bamboozle, he's very active in that area and was good friends with SC2. He's frequently here in the Forums too, I'm sure he could give you a nudge in the right direction.

Also, I see you're very new....I'm not sure if you've discovered yet just how tiny a Micro cache can be. Think pencil eraser. And think magnetic. Did you check that fire hydrant very carefully? Just a suggestion.

Edited by Chief301

Depending on your local laws and your local reviewer's awareness, the fire hydrant might not be a good place to search. You will find a grand total of one such cache in western Pennsylvania. It's placed with permission from the fire department, which overrides the local ordinance prohibiting any interference or tampering with any fire equipment.

Depending on your local laws and your local reviewer's awareness, the fire hydrant might not be a good place to search. You will find a grand total of one such cache in western Pennsylvania. It's placed with permission from the fire department, which overrides the local ordinance prohibiting any interference or tampering with any fire equipment.

I'm not familiar with the cache in question, so I'm only suggesting what the OP might check for.....I'm thinking a magnetic blinkie or Bison tube. The hint is "fire plug". I'll agree that a fire hydrant is not a good place for a cache (I've been in the fire service myself for 25 years....see user name) because folks might start getting the idea of removing the caps and hiding stuff inside, etc. But I'm sure some get approved.