SW Michigan

Guest daverules

I think Michigan in general could use a few more. My fiance is from Traverse city... and having a few caches along the way would give me more of a reason to want to leave Cleveland to visit her family! One cache usually starts an avalance in certain regions... There now 9 caches within 25 miles of my home right now... and growing!

Guest fiser

Dave, I'm not sure where you are in SW Michigan, but I've hidden one not far from Three Oaks, and two in Indiana Dunes State Park, just off of 80/94 in NW Indiana. (I'm the "B" in B&C).

However, I think the best way to encourage caching is to hide a few.

Guest RyckZ

Check again! There are two in SW Michigan as of this msg. You can also drive a little farther and find one in Toledo. (More coming soon!) Then drive a an hour east to Marblehead and find one in that wonderful setting on Lake Erie.

Guest RyckZ

Thanks fiser for the correction! Ok..... I'm red in the face now. Of course I know that NW Ohio is under SE Michigan and not SW Mich, but I guess my brain was having the same problem it has when I don't know my right from my left hand! The thread was deleted and a corrected thread is in its place. Hey but you are still welcome to visit us down here in NW Ohio! (or is that NE Ohio?) icon_smile.gif

Guest RyckZ

Thanks fiser for the correction! Ok..... I'm red in the face now. Of course I know that NW Ohio is under SE Michigan and not SW Mich, but I guess my brain was having the same problem it has when I don't know my right from my left hand! The thread was deleted and a corrected thread is in its place. Hey but you are still welcome to visit us down here in NW Ohio! (or is that NE Ohio?) icon_smile.gif

Guest RyckZ

to find "East Side Docks River Run 1". Take a 15 minute diversion to southend of Toledo to find "NovaNikki" (my cache). Head back north into Luna Pier in Michigan to get scared at "Power Lady" (and learn the meaning of the name). Another 20 minutes north to Flat Rock and a little hike takes you to "Squirrel nutkin". And lastly travel I-96 instead of I-75 to find "Island lake Cache" near Brightton. Better start early in the day!

(Castalia is NOT approved yet, but some detective work at the GeoCaching site, plus some coordinate corrections will get you there. Gate open 8a-5p only!)

Guest cleenjeep

I just placed 6 caches in my area (lansing) and there are more to come in the next few weeks. When my hamstring heals up, there will be some much harder to find caches... he he he..

Michael

Guest bearboy

Hi Dave rules,

I just found out about geocaching this past week and put out my first cache today.I will eventually make it down to your area to place a stash.Hopefully I can find a few down there.You might as well put out the first stash in your area. Mine is in Osceola county.I will put out another in lake county

next weekend.I would like to put one in all of our counties someday that way people cant say they dont have one in their area any more.I know this thing says that Im not registered but I am.

Guest dusty

Hey daverules,

I am from sw Michigan, and just found this forum a few weeks ago. Used my gps to locate 2 caches' up west of Cadillac. We thoroughly enjoyed it. I will be stashing a few here very soon. hold out, it's growing fast.

Brian