Coming Soon: Eye of the Dragon

fox-and-the-hound

@Dofferson, I don't know if there will be a presale, but I can check. They're being produced by GxProxy.com and they tend to lean that way in the past, but usually only once the production is finished and they're just waiting on the shipping. Just learned over the weekend the antique bronze on shiny copper is causing an unexpected plating problem so it may be changed to antique bronze on shiny silver or nickel. Waiting to see what happens for now. They're already in production so I'll check with the producers and let you know. :)

I received confirmation that they should be finished with production in a few weeks, but they'll give us photos to post sooner. GxProxy told me they're not pre-selling, but they are compiling a "first contact" list and anyone who wants to be put on the list can send them an email at support@gxproxy.com and just put "Eye of the Dragon Contact" in the subject line. An email will go out to everybody on the list once the coins have finished production and either shipped or in hand in Texas. Thank you for your interest, can't wait to show you some more :)

I received confirmation that they should be finished with production in a few weeks, but they'll give us photos to post sooner. GxProxy told me they're not pre-selling, but they are compiling a "first contact" list and anyone who wants to be put on the list can send them an email at support@gxproxy.com and just put "Eye of the Dragon Contact" in the subject line. An email will go out to everybody on the list once the coins have finished production and either shipped or in hand in Texas. Thank you for your interest, can't wait to show you some more :)

Done. biggrin.gif

CF30

Done. biggrin.gif

CF30

And done.. :P

Done. biggrin.gif

CF30

And done.. :P

And done

That is correct, thank you. We've changed enamel settings, colors and one metal finish combo already so no full pics until everything is set in stone :) We were sad to find one of our top choices had an issue with the plating not working in that particular combo with the process we were using. The upside was we found out we could get a combo that we always here isn't even possible so we're excited to see what happens in the next couple weeks :)

We have confirmation that the latest test versions worked and the first sample photos came in looking stellar last friday. I'm hoping to get out some new photos in a few days. The mint initially said they would ship by the end of Feb, but now it's looking like first week of March if things progress smoothly. We were initially having trouble getting some of the two-tone combinations we were asking for, but we've worked it out now. I'll update asap, I promise! :)

We have confirmation that the latest test versions worked and the first sample photos came in looking stellar last friday. I'm hoping to get out some new photos in a few days. The mint initially said they would ship by the end of Feb, but now it's looking like first week of March if things progress smoothly. We were initially having trouble getting some of the two-tone combinations we were asking for, but we've worked it out now. I'll update asap, I promise! :)

How about showing more of the artwork in the meantime - PLEASE!!!!

How about showing more of the artwork in the meantime - PLEASE!!!!

Yes a little more would do wonders for all of us waiting in the wings. :anicute:

I can't say I'm entirely surprised. I sent just one coin and a Tag a few weeks ago to the Netherlands and it was about 8.50 which really surprised me. I had a similar experience sending an item to Estonia in the fall. It was about $16 that time. Shipping has really gotten to be crazy. If I remember correctly they usually ship their international stuff by priority international flat rates and that's showing me $44.50 for USPS and $35 for First Class. Maybe they're sending FedEx? I'm not sure, but either way, shipping is getting crazy. On the upside, they're about to launch their European store from what I hear. :)

I'll check with the site owner to see if there are less expensive (if slower) options for shipping. That does seem high for a single coin. I'll see if they can get a breakdown for what it costs to send international and see if it's just particular countries or all.

Thanks heaps :P

As you know I do love your work and died a little inside when I decided to not press the checkout button. :tired:

I'll check with the site owner to see if there are less expensive (if slower) options for shipping. That does seem high for a single coin. I'll see if they can get a breakdown for what it costs to send international and see if it's just particular countries or all.

As you know I do love your work and died a little inside when I decided to not press the checkout button. :tired:

Regarding the INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING. We have had to base the web store shipping costs on the heaviest bulky item which is the Mighty Mega.

What we do is ask that anyone ordering coins or any item hit the Print and Call. We will receive an email and will weigh and send you the exact amount of the shipping cost. WE DO NOT Charge more than actual USPS costs. IF you pay in advance on the web store we add FREE PRODUCTS to make up the difference you over paid. Customs value is $20 as a rule and we will be happy to answer any emails regarding the shipping.

Our GxPROXY.EU will have the coins as soon as we can ship some to John and will save you shipping costs as well.

Whoot!!! They're finally in and we couldn't be more pleased! :grin:

Webpic4b_zps062b3574.jpg

WebPix5_zps7c6066dd.jpg

Webpic1_zpsbddd9e51.jpg

Webpic2_zps54f9c40e.jpg

Webpic3_zpsae5c0e53.jpg

GxProxy will be carrying them in store today! They're nice and hefty and the detail is exactly what we hoped for. The 'Tags pop in and out cleanly and I have already replaced my own tag in my Dragon's clutches. :laughing:

What Chris is not showing is that the HEAD comes off to reveal the Tag under the arms. So this is actually a 3 piece coin with a matching Proxy Stunt Double

They look great and I just ordered the set.

Shipping is a bit steep though, $33.- for shipping to The Netherlands. If it was any other coin I wouldn't have payed that much.

Just when the wait was over, waiting for delivery begins...

We will be including Metal COin stands to make up the shipping difference on your order.

As you can see in the previous post...if you would like to only pay the actual shipping please place your order using the "Print and Ca;;" feature. We will then email you with the actual cost of shipping and then you can decide. You won't be disappointed in this coin. After numerous molds being broken they have arrived and we are thrilled.

Very nice artwork, indeed.

It has, for us, crossed the price point line. :( ... Maybe we'll get to see one at an event somewhere.

I guess for some it will be simply 'the cat's meow' of geocoins, but it's also become more of a sculpture than a coin.

If the head gets lost, will replacements be available?

Very nice artwork, indeed.

It has, for us, crossed the price point line. :( ... Maybe we'll get to see one at an event somewhere.

I guess for some it will be simply 'the cat's meow' of geocoins, but it's also become more of a sculpture than a coin.

If the head gets lost, will replacements be available?

Each coin comes with a matching Proxy Stunt Double. If you look at the green coin in the pictures - that is the coin you can send out while you keep the original in your possession. Keep an eye on our GxPROXY Facebook page as we run competitions frequently and you may be able to win one.

Shipping is a bit steep though, $33.- for shipping to The Netherlands. If it was any other coin I wouldn't have payed that much.

We will be including Metal COin stands to make up the shipping difference on your order.

Thanks, that is a nice gesture. Those coin stands look great too!

Just noticed that GxProxy.eu is located in The Netherlands. Great news for me, that saves a bunch in shipping! :lol:

Maybe I'd get a few ones too? :rolleyes: Shipping to Poland was also $33...

Thanks, that is a nice gesture. Those coin stands look great too!

Just noticed that GxProxy.eu is located in The Netherlands. Great news for me, that saves a bunch in shipping! :lol:

Do you do that in general or do I have to ask for that, if the shipping is cheaper? I paid also the high shipping costs to Germany!

Edited by yanagi

Check your email Thomas, they're waiting for a confirmation on which shipping setup you would like! :) They've sent out emails right away to anyone ordering international to work out the lowest possible shipping to your areas.

No AE on this one. (yet!) Don't know if there will be, but probably not.

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Check your email Thomas, they're waiting for a confirmation on which shipping setup you would like! :) They've sent out emails right away to anyone ordering international to work out the lowest possible shipping to your areas.

No AE on this one. (yet!) Don't know if there will be, but probably not.

No email so far :unsure: