Vote for a North Western COTM!

NeverSummer

Hello, everyone!

We're excited up here in Alaska that our very own NorthWes, Wes Skinner, has been selected as a finalist in this month's "Cacher of the Month" award from Groundspeak.

Wes has been an active member of the geocaching community, and, with 24 events under his belt alone, he has been an excellent advocate for the game among land managers and geocachers alike. He is very involved with the GeocacheAlaska! organization here in Alaska, and continues to be a champion of geocaching with his advocacy work.

Most recently, he received recognition for his work with the US Bureau of Land Manangement for his exceptional partnership with the 2013 National Federal Public Lands Day. Not only is Wes invloved in the community, but he is a genuine nice guy. He is approachable, and exceptional cache owner, and is always ready to help take new cachers under his wing.

Now, we need some help! We're a small group of cachers up here in Alaska! We have about 200 active members, and only about 300 active cachers in the entire state. (We're working on that!) So, it is a difficult hill to climb in the voting realm. If you haven't already, please take time to post a comment on the Blog. Comments are the only way to vote, and we're hoping to spread the word about this great geocacher in the Pacific Northwest!

Thanks for your attention, and, I hope, your vote for NorthWes!

Hello everyone, I'm one of the 300 active cachers in the Last Frontier, and I'd like to let you know a little about our very own Northwes.

Northwes is the president of our states geocaching organization, GeocacheAlaska!. He works closely with many land managers in our little part of the country :) He has helped work agreements with land managers such as Anchorage parks and rec., the Bureau of land management, Chugiak State Park, and many others, to make sure geocaching is allowed in all these beautiful areas.

You've gotta see this guys Earthcaches. Want to learn about the 1964 Alaskan Earthquake? How about learning about how Glaciers work, or watch a Bore tide roll down Turnagain arm. These are some of the type of informative Earthcaches Northwess has created.

This summer Northwes helped a group of cacher cruisers get a geocaching tour of south central Alaska(over 60). He gathered local cachers to help take groups of out of town cachers to some of the most beautiful caching areas in our state. He planned and hosted an awesome get together diner event for the cacher cruisers (GC4E3CQ).

So much to say, so little time.

Northwes really is an awesome representation of a good cacher. He encourages new players, and always has a warm smile, which is important up in these parts :) He organizes CITO event throughout the year, and he educates the public about caching and it's Creed.

I hope we can get more support from all over the country for Northwes. I'm sure many of you have meet him and would be happy to help him with this nomination.

Please vote for Northwes as Geocachings COTM :)