Southeastern Minnesota Area? Anyone?

Guest bk11

Hi Ken & Robin!

Yes, I know the Uncharted Island cache! It's the one that comes up first on my list every single day when I search for caches closest to my area (44.98mi SE). We've exhausted most of the other close caches, and some that are not-so-close. ;)

Hoping to visit it! It's kinda in between right now... too cold to cruise around in the boat and no ice!!

Brenna

Geocaching In Minnesota

Guest kbraband

quote:
Originally posted by bk11:

Hoping to visit it! It's kinda in between right now... too cold to cruise around in the boat and no ice!!

Well, whatever you do, don't put yourself in danger to try to get to it. I'm not sure how thick the ice gets near that island, or if it freezes over at all.

Guest go4hockey

I am from the SE Minnesota Area and have been hanging around these forums for about 6 months or more. I am hoping that this Christmas I FINALLY get that GPS and can get out there instead of just reading about it. I have done so much researching and reading I am going crazy. Now I want to get out there. Since we "usually" have tons of snow by now I had planned on snowshoeing for the first time this wonter and finding some caches. Now I plan on hiking to them...in December no less.

Guest go4hockey

I am going crazy and need to get out there and do some actual participating. I have some great ideas for hiding caches, now lets hope my wife (santa) comes through with the GPS. Hopefully we can start finding eachothers caches. Happy Holidays!

Guest kbraband

bk11, didja notice we were up in your area over the holidays? We stopped to find the cache at Grandad's Bluff. Great view from up there! We also LOVED the new Spam museum in Austin. Wow, they really did it up right when they made that place. And it's free! Here are the coordinates for the museum: N43°40.587 W092°58.489. (Well, our parking spot anyway) ~Ken & Robin

Yes! I *did* notice, and saw your pictures! Grandads is on our watch list, we found it too. Lesseee... from your house to LaCrosse to Austin... Winona must've been just a little too far north for your trip? If you do find yourself closer, stop in at our Garvin Gawk cache, it's similar to Grandads.

This picture you took really shows the area well, with the bluffs and the river. Cool!

Brenna

Bump On A Log

Guest go4hockey

Santa Claus was very very good to me! Hopefully when you come to Rochester in the near future you will have something to search for. Might take a few months although with no snow I might get very motivated!