Logo Idea?

beatnik

okgeosmall.jpg

Some of you may have seen the discussion on a royalty free logo that could be used by all geocachers. Kind of a generic logo that was as easy to identify as some of the geocaching.com logos without violating copyrights.

This is my version that I made for the Oklahoma Geocachers. Any opinions.

As a side note, I started up a Yahoo Group for Oklahoma Geocachers. It can be used as a message board online or through e-mail. I encourage everyone to sign up here.

[This message was edited by beatnik on October 15, 2002 at 09:32 PM.]

Maybe you could have waited until I finished writing the post and got the picture FTP'd to my website before leaving a snide remark? icon_rolleyes.gif

(Don't you love how the forums don't allow you to delete posts even when they get posted 3 times for some reason? At least you can edit them blank icon_rolleyes.gif)

[This message was edited by beatnik on October 15, 2002 at 09:42 PM.]

If I may ask.... Where'd the funky G come from? It looks a lot like an Avatar I just saw on an Avatar test post. If so, have you talked to that person yet about useing it?

I do like the LOGO I just want to make sure we dont end up with a new fight on our hands.

Zahrim....

"There's no need to be afraid of strange noises in the night.

Anything that intends you harm will stalk you silently."

quote:
Originally posted by Zahrim:

Where'd you get the G?

Since I've been posting the prospective logos to a special web page since this thread was posted by Leprechaun, I'll but into this out of my area forum and say Leatherman came up with that one. There are high resolution versions of this "GX" as well as all the other submissions at my Geologo page if you want to look at them or use one to try and create your own variation.

We all have mental problems, it's just that some of us choose to show them.

i wasnt trying to be snide icon_frown.gif, i just was confused about the logo in question. icon_eek.gif

if you think i was being snide there, you havent seen my being downright RUDE! icon_eek.gif

ps- ya, i hate not being able to get rid of the multiple posts too.

quote:
Originally posted by beatnik:

Maybe you could have waited until I finished writing the post and got the picture FTP'd to my website before leaving a snide remark? icon_rolleyes.gif

(Don't you love how the forums don't allow you to delete posts even when they get posted 3 times for some reason? At least you can edit them blank icon_rolleyes.gif)

[This message was edited by beatnik on October 15, 2002 at 09:42 PM.]

whack.gif