Selling my collection to pay for funeral

Blind Avocado

Hello everybody. Last October my wife Jeanette (The Tigger Lady) lost her youngest daughter. To pay for funeral expenses I have been selling a few of my coins every week on ebay. I am only selling a few every week because I don't want to auction several hundred coins all at once. Geocacher Ogima emailed me that he posted here on the forums about my auction, but I can't seem to find the thread. I am assuming that it is because my personal coin is not trackable. However most of the coins I am selling are trackable like the SEPAG Liberty Bell coin and the Hobo Dude coin that are currently active.

This brings up a question I have been wanting to ask. My collection is extensive and I have many personal coins like the Hobo Dude coin. Is it OK to auction personal coins? I just want to say up front to those whose personal coins I sell I am sorry to sell the coins but I really need to. The only one I will not sell is my moun10bike coin because I already know how he feels about it. If anybody else sees one of their coins in an auction of mine and doesn't want it sold please let me know. Also Is it acceptable to post links to coins that are trackable on geocaching.com?

On ebay I use the name blind.avocado. Thank you to everyone who has bid on one of my auctions!

Philipp (Blind Avocado)

It's acceptable to post links to coins. Just remember that it is not acceptable to publish their tracking code by which you can log them. I typically don't approve of selling coins that aren't yours, especially when they are kept in a collection rather than travelling about the place.

That said, I'm sure some people would make an exception considering the circumstances.

I typically don't approve of selling coins that aren't yours, especially when they are kept in a collection rather than travelling about the place.

I'm sure, he's not selling coins belonging to others, just personal coins, which he traded or bought (or got presented with at some time).

Tastes and interests change, lot of the long time coiners are thinning out their collection or lost interest in the hobby altogether. It happens.

It's okay to sell those coins and also to post links to the auction here. But with the eBay name posted, one can check out the offers easily.

...Geocacher Ogima emailed me that he posted here on the forums about my auction, but I can't seem to find the thread. I am assuming that it is because my personal coin is not trackable...

You are right, that is exactly why.

The reason you are selling your coins is one I think nobody deserves. I for one will be bidding on your coins and I hope many others will too.

Wish you all the strength in the world!

I would like to say thank you to everybody for your response to my post. This past auction was my most successful yet. I am touched and very grateful. To answer a previous post, I did purchase or trade for all the coins I am selling and all have not been activated. So far I have only sold coins that I have doubles of, but I am rapidly running out of doubles and will have to start selling my collection soon. I have a lot of great coins, so please keep following my auctions. I usually start my auctions on Sunday and list them for 5 days ending on Friday. Thank you all again!

Philipp (Blind Avocado)