Summary of members

cachman9

Members can be Regular, Premium, Charter or Platinum.

Then there are Reviewers and Moderators and Translators (Humans or Dogs). For more about Geocaching.com's volunteers, look here: http://www.geocaching.com/volunteers/

Then there are the Lackeys who work for Groundspeak, the company that owns and operates Geocaching.com. Like any other internet business they have systems and network people, web programmers, mobile app developers and business departments like Finance, HR, Marketing and Legal. There are also teams that manage Community Relations and the Volunteer Program (including cache appeals) - you would most likely come into contact with these Lackeys. For more about Groundspeak, look here: http://www.Groundspeak.com/about.aspx

Then there are the hamsters. Groundspeak has a lot of hamsters. But not enough.

Then there are the hamsters. Groundspeak has a lot of hamsters. But not enough.

I'm familiar with the mating habits and gestation period of hamsters. Anyone who understands those dynamics would be hard pressed to explain how there could ever be "not enough" hamsters. Now not having enough experienced and trained hamsters is a separate issue.

I don't understand. Are these REAL hampsters? :blink:

Real as in do they exist? Yes-because everything exists in some form or other. But how do we exist is the question. Are we truly physical beings? Or are we just the dream of some giant grasshopper in the middles of a field of flowers? :lostsignal:

Anyway I heard they had to keep the hamsters locked up because the dog-reviewers would chase them, and then nothing would get reviewed.

I've heard from a deep source that they are working on a human hamster hybrid. Some say it would make the ideal lackey.

_human_hamster_wheel_1.jpg

Now that is scary. Look what went wrong when a company that manufactures GPS units wanted to build their own geocache listing service and crossed a Beaver with a Skunk to run their servers in a similar manner as Groundspeak does with their hampsters. :ph34r: It produced a critter that no one wants to play with. :D

Someone needs to be serious here. Why does Groundspeak have REAL hampsters and Dog-reviewers? That's just weird... I'm not sure if people are being truthful or not.

Well, some Dogs have their own accounts. :P Hamsters are expendable. :P

I really would not want a Cat to review my cache submissions. Cats are too biased. :huh:

Someone needs to be serious here. Why does Groundspeak have REAL hampsters and Dog-reviewers? That's just weird... I'm not sure if people are being truthful or not.

Seriously, Dog-reviewers sniff-out new members (review your actions and habits on this site) for potential future platinum membership. If the dogs like you, you can click on the "Members" tab at the top of this page to enter the special Member room. All of your member questions will be answered.

I don't understand. Are these REAL hampsters? :blink:

I see that your hamsters have p in them.

Tip: If you squeeze it, the p will come out of your hamster.

That is why frogs are bug-eyed too. They used to be named phrogs.

Once upon a time, another forest creature came along and tried to kick the H out of the Frog. As our friend Manville Possum Hunters observed, that effort failed.

Instead, the Frog took that H and hid it deep inside itself. The Frog has a Heart.

We use billions of dollars of sattelites to find Tupperware hidden in the woods, film containers on fence posts every 530 feet, and ammo cans placed where you have to hikefor three days in the mountains, and Groundspeak's choice of staff is wieird?

They just don't hire based on age, sex, race, or species. They are truley an equal opportunity employer.

Edited by T.D.M.22

We look for little plastic boxes in the forest using billion dollar satellite systems. Weird is part of the job description. Now that you've joined us, you're officially weird too.

Edited by The_Incredibles_

I really would not want a Cat to review my cache submissions. Cats are too biased. :huh:

It's too expensive to get a Cat Scan of each cache page, but dogs are willing to volunteer to sniff out problems for free.

I understand that dog reviewers have to submit a document to Groundspeak once a year describing their reviewing activities.

It's called a lab report.

Cachman - neither the hamsters nor the dogs exist. :rolleyes:

Post #2 is mostly accurate. There are no platinum members - it's a running joke. And anything about animals actually doing Groundspeak or volunteer tasks is also a joke.

You seem to be a very literal, trusting guy, so I'm shooting straight on this for ya.

I'm assuming that the hamsters don't exist.

Yes, cachman9, there are server hamsters. They exist as certainly as ammo cans and travel bugs and geocoins exist, and you know that they abound and give to your geocaching life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no server hamsters. It would be as dreary as if there were no cachman9's. There would be no smileys then, no poetic online logs, no FTF's to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which geocaching fills the world would be extinguished.

I'm not sure what sever hamsters are.......

A sever hamster is what you get when a fully functional hamster is accidentally cut in half. This can happen if his wheel starts spinning too quickly and the hamster's tiny feet slip in between the cracks.

If you experience slowdowns or outages during periods of high demand, like on weekend evenings, the likely cause is a sever hamster. You can check on the status of service disruptions and outages here: http://status.geocaching.com/