Deadlock Victim?

jhuoni

I was entering a waymark, and went to review and got this message.

Transaction (Process ID 166) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Everything was fine after I refreshed, but I thought the wording was quite strange. :huh:

I was entering a waymark, and went to review and got this message.

Transaction (Process ID 166) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Everything was fine after I refreshed, but I thought the wording was quite strange. :huh:

Very odd indeed.

This is a database error that has not been captured and made to look pretty by the interface. Often instead of seeing this type of error message a cleaned up one would say... Your waymark did not save, click save again. A deadlock error means that two transactions were hitting at the same part in database at same time and one was locked out.

This is a database error that has not been captured and made to look pretty by the interface. Often instead of seeing this type of error message a cleaned up one would say... Your waymark did not save, click save again. A deadlock error means that two transactions were hitting at the same part in database at same time and one was locked out.

But doesn't "deadlock victim" sound so much more dramatic?! B)

But doesn't "deadlock victim" sound so much more dramatic?! B)

I've been called a lot of things, by a lot of people in my life. I do think I like DEADLOCK VICTIM the best!

(Thanks Bruce for the info)