Gift Membership

michigansnorkelers

Someone MIGHT give me a gift membership (premium)via gift card. They want instructions on how to do this.

Going through the SHOP at Geocaching.com website, it looks like you MUST be a member to send a gift card.

What if you want to send a gift card but do not want to sign up for a membership? Is it possible?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Someone MIGHT give me a gift membership (premium)via gift card. They want instructions on how to do this.

Going through the SHOP at Geocaching.com website, it looks like you MUST be a member to send a gift card.

What if you want to send a gift card but do not want to sign up for a membership? Is it possible?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

There are many other places that sell memberships. Some will sell an actual card with a code number(Or I think they do) And Landsharkz.ca sells the PM-you pay them and they put it through when they process your order.

Or at least you used to be able to do that- I looked at a couple places and they don't do that anymore. Perhaps with a bit of searching...

Edited by T.D.M.22

Not sure if this helps but when I click on your name it goes to your profile. Right there it says. Give a gift membership. Click that and you can go from there. I did this for one member before. It was easy. No card needed.

That brings us back to the original problem-the OP thought you had to have a membership on Geocaching.com (Which you apparently don't) to buy something from the store. Only you DO need on to view someone's profile, and by extension send them a gift membership.

Hey there!

I checked with our shop department to get an answer on this one. We have a couple of options for gift memberships. if you're located in the US, you can order a Premium Member gift card from our shop website. The recipient can apply the membership to their account whenever they'd like. Here's a link to the gift card listing: http://shop.geocaching.com/default/premium-membership-gift-card-12-month.html You don't need a geocaching.com account to order the gift card from Shop Geocaching (just a shop geocaching account is required). If you are not located in the US, you will need to find an official local distributor to purchase Premium Member gift card from.

The other option would be to purchase a gift membership for them directly through the website. Please note that this type of membership is applied immediately to their account, so if it's a gift for a specific day, you'll want to purchase it on that day. Only the person you are buying the membership for needs to have an account. As stated on the order page: "The recipient must already have a Geocaching account. If they don't, you can create one for them here. And don't worry, they'll be able to change all of their account info later."

Hope this helps clarify it a bit! :)