API does not track recent website change

jholly

A recent feature addition to the website allows hiding souvenirs on the public profile. Unfortunately the data returned by the API that returns souvenir data includes the hidden souvenirs. This causes exposure of data a user wishes to be hidden. As an example compare my public Groundspeak profile for souvenirs and you will will not see the August souvenirs. If you look at the souvenir tab on my profile on project-GC.com you will see the August souvenirs. Project-GC uses the API for this. Can we get the API to check the new column in the database to see if souvenir data should be returned?

I checked the API documentation and the souvenir info call does not seem to return info on whether it should be hidden or not.

Have you tested to see if the API is honoring the hidden attribute for not your login?

Like, have you logged into Project-GC as not yourself, then looked at your profile to see if the souvenirs are hidden?

Checked project-GC while logged out and the hidden souvenirs show. This actually does not surprise me. According to what Radnor mentioned a new column was added to the database to accomplish this feature, and unless the API code checks this column it will output all the souvenirs in my account, hidden or not.

API requests tend to originate from API partners. I would encourage you to convince GSAK to lobby for this change, as it will get more traction coming from them than from an individual user.

Okay, but I was hoping you would at least mention it to them.

Edited by jholly

API requests tend to originate from API partners. I would encourage you to convince GSAK to lobby for this change, as it will get more traction coming from them than from an individual user.

OK, then officially consider that I (GSAK) am lobbying for this change! :D - Thanks.

OK, then officially consider that I (GSAK) am lobbying for this change! :D - Thanks.

I wish it worked that way, but they don't listen to me! I'm just that noisy neighbor that they keep trying to drown out by turning up the stereo. :) Seriously, there will be better response if you contact the API team directly as an API partner.