Manipulating Photos in Gallery

jhuoni

I have noticed that when you upload photos they save to the gallery in reverse order. (first uploaded is last on the list) Also, sometimes I find a photo that I want to put between two others. Is there a way to manipulate photos in a gallery once they are uploaded?

On a related note, once a photo is saved is there a way to edit the title or comment? Other than archiving and uploading it again. This would go back to my first question.

Unfortunately no there is no way to do anything with the photos once they are uploaded other than archive.

I was afraid that would be the answer.

As many know, I like to put a lot of photos into my waymarks. I want to try to get people out to see them. Then again, maybe I am putting too much information via photos. If I include everything, then who would want to go see it for them in person?

Here comes an idiom:

Not comparing apples (Waymarking.com) to oranges (Geocaching.com), but GC allows you to edit photos and descriptions. I realize that these are different sites, but it would seem the ability is there, so why can't it be here as well?

Any way we can put that into the suggestion box for later updates? It sure would be handy, especially when I forget to upload photos in reverse order or forget to add something in the description.

After Thought: I'd give up my ability to use italics, bold, and underline in forums for the ability to edit photos. :rolleyes:

By the way, although they show in reverse order in the gallery, they show in the correct order (the first 5 that is) on the main page for the waymark. So you can't win both ways by uploading them in a certain order.

Many times the order doesn't matter, as long as your main photo is as "representative" as you can get. However, in some cases where I want to portray a specific order, I've used a couple of techniques. One is to use a number at the beginning of each Description and/or Title. In other cases I've used Gimp or some other photo editing program to put a number on the photo itself.

Another thing that can be done is to mention in the Waymark's description that you'd encourage the viewer to look at the photos in the gallery from the last to the first to see them in the intended order.

Apart from these "secondary" ways of prompting the user, there is no direct manipulation, as others have stated. One of the early disappointments that a Waymark poster discovers in their Waymarking career.

There have been times when I felt that I goofed the caption or description of a photo so bad that I deleted (archived) it and re-uploaded it, just to fix the text. Goofy!

Many times the order doesn't matter, as long as your main photo is as "representative" as you can get. However, in some cases where I want to portray a specific order, I've used a couple of techniques.

Another and maybe the best option is to use HTML in listing and display pictures in desired order there (kind of, not the best example). HTML is nothing sophisticated to learn - w3schools is my best education source.

Well, most of us already know HTML, I think. But you only get a chance to put in HTML in the Description. And most of us don't want to put all of our pictures in the description. (If you follow the link in my earlier message, you'll notice that two of the pictures are in the description because I wanted to emphasize the beginning and end of the creek.)

When I take vacation photos I use HTML and CSS to make pages for that trip, one page per day. HTML is the way to go. But you can't wrap the photo gallery images in HTML.

There doesn't appear to be a way to flip or rotate photos, unless I've missed something? The program I use to download from my camera makes all the adjustments automatically, but when I upload a photo here, if it was taken vertically, the photo uploads horizontally and it's not adjustable. Have I missed something or is that just the way it is?

If the latter, apologies in advance for all the cricks in the neck my photos may cause :D

There doesn't appear to be a way to flip or rotate photos, unless I've missed something? The program I use to download from my camera makes all the adjustments automatically, but when I upload a photo here, if it was taken vertically, the photo uploads horizontally and it's not adjustable. Have I missed something or is that just the way it is?

If the latter, apologies in advance for all the cricks in the neck my photos may cause :D

Unfortunately, there is no way to rotate a photo or edit the description once it is saved.