Addicted to Travel Bugs

BeorntheViking

I may have a problem...I may be addicted to travel bugs.

I am less than a year into Geocaching and I have 22 travel bugs either out or ready to go out.

I find myself in dollar stores looking at things to attach a Tag to and send out. Discount aisles in a store..lets see what's there? Old box with trinkets I have had in the closet for years? Sure!!

Do I have a problem? :)

Nope. I see no problem in sending out a lot of TB's and coins. Now if you make yourself trackable-with multiple TB's then you have a problem. out of 12 trackables, I only have 4 out. The rest are "for milage" or at least that's what I tell myself. Five coins, one trackable name tag, a TB on my car, and a TB on my backpack. I think all that's next is a tattoo. I'm sure the only reason I don't have more personal trackables is because I have to order them online.

As for looking at everything and thinking "I can make that trackable" that's not bad either. Whenever I go to a store I think-"I wonder how I can make that into a cache" I even saw a small cylindrical security tag(One of those things they put on clothing and have to take off with a special tool) and thought-Why is there a geocache on that jacket?

Edited by T.D.M.22

Nope, I see no problem here.

... As long as you accept the unpredictable life span of trackables (anything from 24 hours to 10 years) and you're philosphical about it.

The more you have out roaming the world the more likely you are to get a few email notifications each week about their weird and wonderful travels and you'll be less likely to become fixated on any "hitches" that occur along the way.

We have 185 activated trackables, about 170 have been released over the years.

I'm not even going to check to see how many are still actively on the move... :unsure:

MrsB :)

As long as you accept the unpredictable life span of trackables (anything from 24 hours to 10 years) and you're philosphical about it.

I am also addicted to seeing my Trackables travel.

And the reason above states why I have set myself a limit of having 6 Travelers travel at the same time, and not a single one more.

You never know how long they might last, in Europe it could easely be years. :)

I know what you mean, I'm less than a year into geocaching and I have around 27 out and about. I'm always looking at stuff to turn into a tackable. Old belt buckle, wife's necklace pendant, key chain, little brothers star wars action figures...none are safe as long as I have an unactivated TB in my hand.

I know what you mean, I'm less than a year into geocaching and I have around 27 out and about. I'm always looking at stuff to turn into a tackable. Old belt buckle, wife's necklace pendant, key chain, little brothers star wars action figures...none are safe as long as I have an unactivated TB in my hand.

So far a favourite TB I have found and it wasn't in a cache or at an event, was on a little dog's collar. Last year as I was standing talking to a man with a little dog I glanced at the dog and I noticed she had a TB attached to her collar. I was so please lol that I spotted it. The man was walking the dog for his geocaching son. And I wasn't even out caching at the. time ;-)

So far a favourite TB I have found and it wasn't in a cache or at an event, was on a little dog's collar. Last year as I was standing talking to a man with a little dog I glanced at the dog and I noticed she had a TB attached to her collar. I was so please lol that I spotted it. The man was walking the dog for his geocaching son. And I wasn't even out caching at the. time ;-)

That's really cool!!! when I get a dog I will be putting a tag on them :)