Spell Check

jhuoni

After typing a lengthy message, I thought I would run the spell check. When I clicked on the icon - it informed me that Ispell was not detected. This must be new, because it's the first time I have seen that message. When I went to the download site - MAJOR GEEKS. I decided that I was not interested in downloading this application and closed the window....

After closing the window I was hit by a barrage of pop ups from that site. I managed to close the first ten or so, but could not keep up. I had a total of 23 open by the time I was able to shut down my pc.

If Waymarking is going to require a third party software for spell check they need to keep these folks in check with the things that the sites do. (What I'm trying to say is if I have to use someone elses software to run a spell check, then I should not be cyber assulted if I close that site because I don't want to download it)

Not faulting Waymarking/Groundspeak, just want to alert someone about this issue.

I guess from now on I will use a trusted text editor to spell check and cut and paste my message.

BTW: If there ARE any spellig erors in ths messge, it is becase I did not spel check it. :rolleyes:

Edited by jhuoni

I think this is something on your own computer and not the website. The spell check is done within the browser not the site.

You maybe on to something. It happened again on another website this evening. It was when I tried to close the web page. Sort of shades of "pop-up" from the late 90's. I'll give it another shot and see what happens.