TB Exchange Race

diddleysquin

I set my TB Geocoin on its way today racing against Intrepid Dyad! Racing Frog Geocoin (TB67WEK) released today in Whitehorse, Yukon on its way to Ohio, U.S.A.! I was very fortunate to find a cache today that wasn't buried under feet of snow and ice :lol: I hope both racers reach their goal safely without being kidnapped! :D

Edited by crystalwoods

Minnesota Phatz and Lackey Crossing started their race on New Year's Day.

I am very excited that my TB Minnesota Phatz http://coord.info/TB663NP is now in TEXAS! Whoo hoo! He is on his way from Minnesota to Arizona.

Lackey Crossing, http://coord.info/TB5C2MZ, is still in Arizona (it is probably too smart to head to Minnesota this time of year.) It is heading south (!) but also west (which is the right direction.)

Hee hee!

Sherry

I'm sorry that I'be been away fro so long guys. Study's combined with illness mean that I've been neglecting the TB Exchange Race recently. I promise to be running normally again by the 5th at the very latest.

Whats coming:

- I have badges to send to people regarding their bugs achievements thus far on their journeys

- A tutorial on how to add these badges to you profile as some people have shown confusion in doing this

- Maps for each bugs race to show the racers relative positions on their journey

- Matches that need setting up

- People to contact who have shown interest

- People that need/ want more information

- Player lists

- Whole lot of other stuff

So basically what I'm saying guys is, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you and things will be back on track soon.

If anybody has any input as to things they want to see added to the TB Exchange race, e.g. a list of players (this should be up soon), or ways in which they think it could be improved, just let me know and anything that I think would be of use to add, I will.

Thanks for reading and DFTBA!

P.S. If anybody would be interested in helping me with the running of the TB Exchange Race, send me a message. There is a lot that has to be done and it's likely that I'll have to dip out like this again from time to time so I think it would be nice to have somebody who can keep things running so that other players aren't left with unanswered questions.

Good news & bad news about the TB exchange race.

First the good: My racing partner/opponent, Choochoo1996's TB is doing well and yesterday visited a cache only 13 miles from it's destination, close to my home and only a mile away from where I was caching the previous day. It doesn't appear to have been dropped off though so maybe it's heading closer.

The bad news: My poor old slow starting TB eventually moved a great distance quickly from England to Laos, to Vietnam and then to Cambodia. Unfortunately it was then dropped off in a cache which had just been archived (unknown to the cacher who dropped it) and now locked by the reviewer so unless someone has this stored as a PQ and visits an archived cache which they can't log, I guess that will become it's final resting place :(.

Looks like my journey is done but looking forward to seeing my opponent's Jeep TB very soon.

Just an update - my travel bug left Whitehorse shortly after I set it on its journey :) and has travelled 3123 miles - drum roll - in the right direction :lol: Of course I'm probably speaking too soon and may jinx it, but I am very happy it is actually travelling towards its goal from Whitehorse Yukon to Ohio!!

Congratulations Dizzabella! Your Coffee Traveler - Canada TB made its way to me in Seattle today! The final 36 hours of its journey were a bit dicey - yesterday morning I received an email from a cacher - fairly new to the game, I suspect, saying he had the TB in his possession, would be in Seattle for only 8 hours, and wanted to get it to me since I am the owner of the final destination cache (Professor Sprout's Hybridization Magic"). I suggested he leave it in any Seattle-area cache he could find and let me know which one it was in. Last night I got an email from him saying he left it under a sign, near a parking pay station, at the parking area for Seattle's famous Ballard Locks! Eek! I got over there before work this morning and couldn't find it - panicked, I emailed him and by the end of the day he replied saying he hid it under some leaves. I returned after work and looked a little harder - and there it was indeed! Whew! Glad I got to it before a grounds person did! It's now safe with me - I can return it to its owner, or drop it off at Geocaching Headquarters on Friday so it can continue gathering adventure stories. Fun times!

Edited by Madam Pomfrey

Congratulations Dizzabella! Your Coffee Traveler - Canada TB made its way to me in Seattle today! The final 36 hours of its journey were a bit dicey - yesterday morning I received an email from a cacher - fairly new to the game, I suspect, saying he had the TB in his possession, would be in Seattle for only 8 hours, and wanted to get it to me since I am the owner of the final destination cache (Professor Sprout's Hybridization Magic"). I suggested he leave it in any Seattle-area cache he could find and let me know which one it was in. Last night I got an email from him saying he left it under a sign, near a parking pay station, at the parking area for Seattle's famous Ballard Locks! Eek! I got over there before work this morning and couldn't find it - panicked, I emailed him and by the end of the day he replied saying he hid it under some leaves. I returned after work and looked a little harder - and there it was indeed! Whew! Glad I got to it before a grounds person did! It's now safe with me - I can return it to its owner, or drop it off at Geocaching Headquarters on Friday so it can continue gathering adventure stories. Fun times!

I am amazed! I was wondering if it had been lost being it had been in the same spot without being "discovered" for a few months. Yours has had quite a journey and has moved far, but still a bit too far for me to go out to rescue

Well, the race between myself and ChooChoo1996 has been a bit of a disaster. His TB, http://coord.info/TB4XBFN, made it from Canada to the UK and got to within 12 miles of it's destination. I planned to go and collect this myself and complete it's journey but before I made the trip the cache and contents went missing and it was later archived. No sign of the TB since.

My TB, http://coord.info/TB54G42, travelled from the UK to Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia, where it was placed in a cache which the local reviewer promptly archived. I assumed that was the last of it but someone managed to rescue the TB and move it along... back to the UK. From there it was placed in the highest cache in the UK at the top of Ben Nevis then collected by someone heading to Canada, the TB's destination... only he forgot and left it on his kitchen table. rolleyes.gif

The TB was eventually placed in another cache at the opposite end of the country and surprisingly picked up by a cacher local to me while on holiday, who returned it to me at a local event. It's travelled almost 15,500 miles and is no closer to it's destination than when we started, sitting at this moment back on my desk.

I think this entrant will now drop out and declare Choochoo1996 the winner as his TB got far closer to it's destination than mine did.

Hi nogreenworld! I am not the manager of this thread, and not sure if they are still around or not.

I was about to offer that I would partner with you for a trade ... but I looked and you are from Akron and I am from Dayton. So we really are not that far apart. While I am still willing to do an exchange with you, it would probably be more fun if the exchange was with someone from a different state.

Hi nogreenworld! I am not the manager of this thread, and not sure if they are still around or not.

I was about to offer that I would partner with you for a trade ... but I looked and you are from Akron and I am from Dayton. So we really are not that far apart. While I am still willing to do an exchange with you, it would probably be more fun if the exchange was with someone from a different state.

thanks for the reply. i agree it'd probably be a little more fun to have something go a bigger distance, and it seems as though we've got two more people interested, so maybe we should get in contact with them and set something up.

thanks! and good luck!