TB Exchange Race

diddleysquin

I recently posted a thread here.

to see if there would be any interest in a little travel bug game I came up with and the results were promising.

The idea is that two, randomly paired, people set their bugs off at the same time and see who can get their bug to the other first. It’s a simple enough concept.

The first bugs will be setting off in January so now’s the time to get ready and sign up if you want to be one of the early players.

Click here for the rules.

If you have any questions, just message me (I’ll add any Q and A’s to the ‘rules’ section).

And if you want to sign up to join in, leave a response below to say so and I’ll message you to get some basic information from you (for your game partner and the spreadsheets) and give you some as to where your bug is going.

I’ll edit this post later to add in a spreadsheet link of who’s sending what to who etc and it will be updated as to the individual bugs journeys.

DFTBA!

Edited by diddleysquin

I have a suggestion for the game...

could there be an option (is it possible) for some players to opt for a TB swap.... so once the bugs land in the chosen caches the receivers are able to adopt the bug. (now I have typed it out it doe not sound a good as it did in my mind..... but someone may like the idea...)

I have a suggestion for the game...

could there be an option (is it possible) for some players to opt for a TB swap.... so once the bugs land in the chosen caches the receivers are able to adopt the bug. (now I have typed it out it doe not sound a good as it did in my mind..... but someone may like the idea...)

This is basically what is being said in 'rule' 5.

"You will decide with your ‘opponent’ before you start racing whether bugs are to be returned to their original owner (either via cache travel, postage or what ever method you decide between you) or they are to remain with your ‘opponent’ if/when they arrive."

So you can decide with your 'opponent' whether you keep the bug you receive or its original owner recalls it.

I'm in... Gotta buy a TB tag!!

Do you need the information for the goal? In my case, I'm just picking a cache as a goal and I can pickup the TB when or if it arrives in it. The less personal information on the cache page the better.

Don't worry, no personal questions asked :)

I've sent you an e-mail through with the few questions needed.

to see if there would be any interest in a little travel bug game I came up with and the results were promising.

The idea is that two, randomly paired, people set their bugs off at the same time and see who can get their bug to the other first. It’s a simple enough concept.

The first bugs will be setting off in January so now’s the time to get ready and sign up if you want to be one of the early players.

If you have any questions, just message me (I’ll add any Q and A’s to the ‘rules’ section).

And if you want to sign up to join in, leave a response below to say so and I’ll message you to get some basic information from you (for your game partner and the spreadsheets) and give you some as to where your bug is going.

I’ll edit this post later to add in a spreadsheet link of who’s sending what to who etc and it will be updated as to the individual bugs journeys.

DFTBA!

As the sight will no longer allow me to edit my original post I'm updating it here.

Just to let you guys know that I'm putting together a little badge that you can add to your profile page to say that you are participating in the TB Exchange Race. (there will also be further badges to 'unlock' such as certain distances covered by the bug, journeys compleated within certain time spans, winners and loosers badges and a few other secrets to gather along the way)

Another update:

A few matches have been put together now and I have a few more waiting to be set up.

Everyone who has expressed interest so far (above this message)has received an e-mail from me.

As soon as I have links to a few of the TB's pages, I'll put the spread sheets up.

And, last but not least, the badge drafts have now been drawn up so they should be ready as they are needed.

DFTBA!

I would gladly join in from Sweden. And this would add some long distance travelling to the game I suppose...

PS Really like the idea of letting the TB movers get more out of the TB moving. Is there a tweak to this game that could add even more fun for those in the "ground staff"?

As an example of what I mean I attach a link to another type of TB game I created where the TB movers are in focus: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49974246/OvsX/Main.htm

Hello from Alaska.

I be interested to know more about what I need to do to play this fun sounding game. Is it for dog tag type TB's only, or coins?

I'd be ready to send a little bug along it's way at a new years day event I plan on attending. :)

Thanks for the idea diddle.

Its for anything trackable: tag, coin, patch, custom made 'thinggy'. So long as its trackable (as in has an official tracking number and page on the geocaching website) it's valid for play.

I've sent you the questions through.

I wonder if I have a TB from someone in this race. I have messaged the owner directly asking where the TB is going, and have not received a response. The information page, and the TB, only say that the bug is in a race: "My bug is in a race with several other travel bugs from Dade City. Please help me race against these other bugs and win." It then goes on to talk about accumulating may miles. Is this TB a part of this race, or is its intent just to gain mileage?

Thanks.

DFTBA!

I wonder if I have a TB from someone in this race. I have messaged the owner directly asking where the TB is going, and have not received a response. The information page, and the TB, only say that the bug is in a race: "My bug is in a race with several other travel bugs from Dade City. Please help me race against these other bugs and win." It then goes on to talk about accumulating may miles. Is this TB a part of this race, or is its intent just to gain mileage?

Thanks.

DFTBA!

Sorry, I don't think I can help you, that bug isn't a part of any race I've helped to set up. Perhaps it is just in a mile accumulation race?

Just a note to those that have expressed interest in or are having a look at the TB Exchange Race:

The race is still running and excepting new applicants; however I'm mostly away from the computer at the moment due to family and the time of year. I'm looking to be back to responding to participants and potential participants after the 6th of Jan and I'll put up another update if anything has changed.

Thanks for your time and DFTBA!

Hello guys, I'm back.

I may have not been here over the holiday but I've still been putting some work in and I've now got some basic badges ready so I'll be starting to distribute them to players as and when they're earned.

Question: Do you think I should make a list of the available badges for players to see or leave them as a surprise to be found out about by each player as they're earned?

Well done to those that have no started their races, I look forward to tracking them.

There should be some maps available soon to show the bugs racing against each other so keep your eyes open for them.

Any one with questions about the race or any related stuff feel free to e-mail me at: geoseany@gmail.com

and as always DFTBA!