Choose to "this entry was edited...", or not

torkel72

I wish it was possible to choose whenever to add that or not.

If I choose for example to change the build of a sentence, but not add any new information, I wish I could be able to choose not to have "this entry was edited..." at the bottom.

Point made! ;)

Edited by Greenadventure

I wish it was possible to choose whenever to add that or not.

If I choose for example to change the build of a sentence, but not add any new information, I wish I could be able to choose not to have "this entry was edited..." at the bottom.

Point made! ;)

I'd like it to stay as-is.

There's been a number of posts where someone said something , was called on it by others and within minutes their post was changed.

"I never said that" is iffy without someone copying it as original.

- But when, "this post has been edited by..." comes up minutes after you asked...

It bugs me a bit when I make spelling errors, but it lets others know it's been changed.

And when.

Edited by cerberus1

I don't know if it is an option of this forum software or not but I've used forums that as long there hasn't been a reply under your post the edited notification doesn't show up. That gives those of us who are quick to click on post a chance to make minor corrections. What I'd find more helpful than an edited by line would be a change log.

If you're talking about here in the forum, I also vote to keep it.

If you're talking about logs on caches, that text is not added if you edit the log within 10 minutes of initial submission. Again, I vote for no change.

I would prefer to have a minute or two to edit a forum post. As a two fingered and one thumb typists, what bothers me about the forum post window is that it uses what I believe to be Times Roman 10pt, which is hard for me to proofread. I find that I am editing a majority of my forum posts for simple spelling or grammatical errors within a minute after I post.

Also, as far as the forum is concerned. I get new topics email to me. I'm sometimes amazed at how someone will edit a post and say, "I never said that", when I have the original sitting in my mailbox and know otherwise, so maybe the tag is necessary despite it annoying me by showing up under a majority of my forum posts.

Of course, we don't really know if the OP was taking about the forum, or cache logs.

Edited for spelling, (Two, not to). LOL

Edited by Don_J

If you're talking about here in the forum, I also vote to keep it.

If you're talking about logs on caches, that text is not added if you edit the log within 10 minutes of initial submission. Again, I vote for no change.

I would prefer to have a minute or two to edit a forum post. As a two fingered and one thumb typists, what bothers me about the forum post window is that it uses what I believe to be Times Roman 10pt, which is hard for me to proofread. I find that I am editing a majority of my forum posts for simple spelling or grammatical errors within a minute after I post.

Also, as far as the forum is concerned. I get new topics email to me. I'm sometimes amazed at how someone will edit a post and say, "I never said that", when I have the original sitting in my mailbox and know otherwise, so maybe the tag is necessary despite it annoying me by showing up under a majority of my forum posts.

Of course, we don't really know if the OP was taking about the forum, or cache logs.

As an aside, I think team tisri is the greatest cacher that ever lived.

Edited for spelling, (Two, not to). LOL

Of course one trouble with having the "the post was edited" line is that people could misquote an edited post and merely claim that the misquote was edited out later. Hence, a history of the post is probably the best thing.

I hope the bit I added to Don_J's post is suitably obvious, but needless to say it could have been less obvious.

I would prefer to have a minute or two to edit a forum post. As a two fingered and one thumb typists, what bothers me about the forum post window is that it uses what I believe to be Times Roman 10pt, which is hard for me to proofread.

After writing your post, do NOT use the "Add Reply" button to proofread your message. Rather use the "Preview Post" button. Then you can read it in the same font as the normal forum uses. When you are happy it says what you want, with no errors, only then should you use the "Add Reply" Button. Take your time to use the correct process.

I frequent another forum where the Reply button is actually disabled until after you use the Preview button. I like that.