. . . change coordinates just for me on a solved mystery cache?

HistDrew

Newbie question here. I'm just now getting into finding more puzzle/mystery caches. I have a run of about 20 that I've solved and am trying to figure an easier way to change the coordinates than by doing it manually in my GPS. On each cache page there is a section, of course, near the top that shows the coordinates. There's also a pencil icon that allows a user to change the coordinates.

If I use the pencil and enter new coordinates, does it change it just for me, or does it send an alert to the CO? I don't want to mess with this if it's going to screw things up for the page or the CO, but it would be wondrous if it would change the coordinates just for me.

Advice and help appreciated.

You can't change the publicly viewed coordinates provided by the CO, all you can if is suggest coordinate changes in your log (public). The updated (solved) coordinates that you enter in that section will only change the coordinates for YOU, when you are viewing it from your own account.

After you change it, whenever you download that cache to your GPS, individually or as part of a Pocket Query, you will get the updated coordinates.

Don't worry, you can't change the publicly viewed coordinates on someone else's cache 😉

Thanks, all! I wasn't worried about actually changing the coordinates on the page, of course. I just wanted to make sure the CO didn't get some kind of confusing alert.

Again, thanks.

Cheers!

I don't think the CO gets any notification when you solve a puzzle and correct the coordinates, only if you actually post a log on the cache page. Some folks do post a Note occasionally to let the CO know they've solved it and will be going out to look for it soon (without mentioning the coordinates in the log, of course, that would be a spoiler). I don't own any puzzle caches myself so I couldn't say for sure.

I don't think the CO gets any notification when you solve a puzzle and correct the coordinates, only if you actually post a log on the cache page. Some folks do post a Note occasionally to let the CO know they've solved it and will be going out to look for it soon (without mentioning the coordinates in the log, of course, that would be a spoiler). I don't own any puzzle caches myself so I couldn't say for sure.

Ah, OK. This makes sense. I own a couple of mystery caches, but I don't know if anyone's ever used that tool on the page for mine.

In this case I've solved about a dozen or so from one CO, and he doesn't use a link to a geochecker. So, I sent a message with all the solutions asking for confirmation. He was very helpful. But it's also nice to simply be able to download them straight into the GPS instead of doing manual changes.

Andrew