Hanukkah Mystery Coin

yanagi

Oh my ... today was the Grand Slam of coining events for me.

Received my 2 Joyeux Noël missions ...

Received an international order I placed as a Christmas present for someone special ...

and "What to my wondering eyes should appear" .... ??

7641a197-dfe6-4c0b-8f2a-308e230eefa8.jpg

It just does not get any better than this.

Thank you so very, very much Mystery Coiner (HH) ... and the best of Holiday Wishes to you and yours !!

Since I haven’t been in the forums very much, I was very surprised to find a mystery coin from HH in my mailbox last week. (Sorry, it has taken me so long to post, but I’ve been sick and then we had a big snow storm) I was expecting some pathtags and wondered why it would be sent in the big bubbler. After struggling with the tape, (Wow! Where do you find such strong tape?) I finally got the little envelope inside open and it’s a coin! AWESOME!!!!! I couldn’t believe my eyes! Mystery Coiner, you have no idea how much meaning this coin has brought to me.

A couple of years ago, I was sent a message from the Geocaching website by someone in Israel, who thought we may be related. Apparently, one of her (she is a bank manager) customers (who is a Geocacher) saw my “Hoppin’ Thru Time” Geocoin that I had sent out on a mission to reflect on their Grandparents. I dedicated the coin to my Grandfather, who was from Istanbul, Turkey. She has the same last name as mine (which is my Grandfather’s) and her customer knew that her Grandmother was from Istanbul, Turkey. I asked her to post some pictures of her family on Facebook so I could see if I recognized any of them. I couldn't believe my eyes! She had some of the identical pictures that I had of my Grandfather. I found out that her Grandmother and my Grandfather are sister and brother! What makes this even more amazing is that my Grandfather was living in the Philippines and visited Israel back in the 40’s. He was trying to decide whether to move his family there. Since there was so much turmoil in Israel, he decided to stay in the Philippines. My Israeli cousins knew about some relatives in the Philippines and we knew about some relatives in Israel, but we didn't know who they were. Now, we know! Because of Geocaching, we found each other! We finally met in June of this year. I will be forever grateful to the Geocaching website for connecting us across the world!

So you see, having a menorah on the Geocoin is like a special commemorative coin for me, celebrating my Jewish cousins from Israel.

Thank you so much for your wonderful, beautiful, and GENEROUS gift. I am so thankful to be included in your list to receive this coin. Wishing you many blessing during this holiday.

Wow, ... I don't know what to say, but Thank You HH ... I came home from work today and my wife showed me a white envelope with HH on it. I hadn't bought a coin lately, with it being Christmas time and I'm trying to feed , support , and get Christmas for seven people on my part time construction wage. This is a totally unexpected surprise. We have never seen a mystery coin before , except in photos , and now you have sent us two very beautiful coins. Thank You for such a wonderful gift and Please have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday season . Best Wishes from Mike and Cheryl, rb1

Came home late last night from work and found a white bubbler sitting on the desk with a big HH in the return address area. Wow!! Could this be what I think it is? Of course, but why me? I've thoroughly enjoyed watching this thread and feeling everyone's joy when they've received their special mystery coin. I never considered one, or even two, might find its way into my mailbox. What a blessing. The people in this geocoin collector world remind me over and over how there's still a lot of kindness and caring in the world. HH's gift is given from the heart. I wish I could find a way to show HH my gratitude. I will carry HH's attitude with me and find ways to spread the joy to others. Thanks HH for such an uplifting gesture.

b13f46e0-23a7-43c7-827e-f7820d2c6a90.jpg?rnd=0.7802546

Thank you so much to the Mystery Geocoiner who has sent coiny happiness around the world! I found this one hiding in my mailbox - it's my 5th year of receiving mystery surprise goodness!! :lol:

137.png

The Green One at the bottom is a very special Geocoin that Jackie and I had made and we gifted them to people for Christmas One Year. Enjoy! Merry Christmas!

Since I haven’t been in the forums very much, I was very surprised to find a mystery coin from HH in my mailbox last week. (Sorry, it has taken me so long to post, but I’ve been sick and then we had a big snow storm) I was expecting some pathtags and wondered why it would be sent in the big bubbler. After struggling with the tape, (Wow! Where do you find such strong tape?) I finally got the little envelope inside open and it’s a coin! AWESOME!!!!! I couldn’t believe my eyes! Mystery Coiner, you have no idea how much meaning this coin has brought to me.

A couple of years ago, I was sent a message from the Geocaching website by someone in Israel, who thought we may be related. Apparently, one of her (she is a bank manager) customers (who is a Geocacher) saw my “Hoppin’ Thru Time” Geocoin that I had sent out on a mission to reflect on their Grandparents. I dedicated the coin to my Grandfather, who was from Istanbul, Turkey. She has the same last name as mine (which is my Grandfather’s) and her customer knew that her Grandmother was from Istanbul, Turkey. I asked her to post some pictures of her family on Facebook so I could see if I recognized any of them. I couldn't believe my eyes! She had some of the identical pictures that I had of my Grandfather. I found out that her Grandmother and my Grandfather are sister and brother! What makes this even more amazing is that my Grandfather was living in the Philippines and visited Israel back in the 40’s. He was trying to decide whether to move his family there. Since there was so much turmoil in Israel, he decided to stay in the Philippines. My Israeli cousins knew about some relatives in the Philippines and we knew about some relatives in Israel, but we didn't know who they were. Now, we know! Because of Geocaching, we found each other! We finally met in June of this year. I will be forever grateful to the Geocaching website for connecting us across the world!

So you see, having a menorah on the Geocoin is like a special commemorative coin for me, celebrating my Jewish cousins from Israel.

Thank you so much for your wonderful, beautiful, and GENEROUS gift. I am so thankful to be included in your list to receive this coin. Wishing you many blessing during this holiday.

That is an amazing story!! Geocaching can bring some great things into your life for sure!

A huge thank you to whoever continues to keep me in mind when sending out these little gems!

I have no idea when this came in the mail as my ever so helpful daughter put the mail on my computer desk while I was out one day, it then somehow got buried under all the ummm "stuff" I keep there <_<

Yesterday I received a coin I had purchased and I was showing her when she asked what was the other coin I got, some confusion and a long line of questioning found the envelope close to where she put it :laughing:

Thank you so much for your amazing generosity that continues to warm our hearts every time we see posts on the forums or are lucky enough to be included. May all your needs and wants be met! B)