Thank you to our Reviewers and Moderators

GeoTrekker26

Once a year it's time to reflect on all the good things that we have experienced. I think of the times a cache has caused me to smile and laugh, has taken me to new places, or has caused me to spend way to long looking for it. It is the reviewers hard work that helped make all those caches possible. And it is the moderators that allowed us to seek help, share ideas and yes, sometimes vent our frustrations. Every so often we see a complaint directed at one or the other but we never hear about the thousands of times they have gone out of there way to help a cacher, often while remaining anonymous.

So I'd like to give a big THANK YOU to all the reviews and moderators for all the hard work this past year. Your efforts are very much appreciated!

I agree! Hip-Hip-Hooray to our fabulous volunteer team! May I suggest to the powers that be that there should be an official annual day of celebration for them?

I agree with this. I have alot of respect for the nonsense these people patiently put up with. Perhaps it should coincide with National Volunteer week. April 6 – 13, 2014

http://volunteer.ca/content/national-volunteer-week

I agree! Hip-Hip-Hooray to our fabulous volunteer team! May I suggest to the powers that be that there should be an official annual day of celebration for them?

I agree with this. I have alot of respect for the nonsense these people patiently put up with. Perhaps it should coincide with National Volunteer week. April 6 – 13, 2014

http://volunteer.ca/content/national-volunteer-week

We'll just have to make sure we submit the requests for them to publish our Happy Reviewer Day events by mid-March ;)

And I would like to thank all of you. Geocaching is about location, but without people, none of it would happen. Being a reviewer and a moderator is all of the things that the OP said, just turned around backward. ;)

I appreciate all the great people I've worked with over the years - the ones that go above and beyond, and even the people that are having a tough time. We've all been there at one time or another! As I've said many times before, the people that I've met (in person and online) and became friends with through geocaching have changed my life. :wub: all of you.

............. As I've said many times before, the people that I've met (in person and online) and became friends with through geocaching have changed my life. :wub: all of you.

I agree wholeheartedly. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE PEOPLE.

We have hidden a number of caches over the years and have always had great service from our two reviewers for Atlantic Canada: Cache tech and cache agent. They are always helpful, cooperative, and willing to listen and compromise. We have placed caches in other areas and also had great service

We have been retired for a number of years and I don't know what we would do without geocaching and the many friends we have made. So much of the caching experience involves people.

In the past 2 months here is a small portion of the caching activities we have done that involves people:

On at least 6 or 7 occasions we have taken day long trips with Belladan to do some series and to clear up an area

A day trip to Miramichi with 5 cachers to hike 18 kms to pick up a series of caches.

A 3 day weekend trip with two caching couples to cache both sides of the border (Maine and New Brunswick) and pick up a travelling cache in Maine.

Attendance at a number of events to chat with our caching friends and meet newbies in the area and visitors from near and far.

Two side games start up on December 1 around here. They are designed to get us all outdoors and caching during the winter months. These games involve a lot of work for the people who create the games and monitor the participation.

Early this month we spent a wonderful few days on PEI hiking on trails, in woodlots, along beaches, through marshes, etc. All thanks to the wonderful PEI cachers who put out the caches. They are a dedicated group who put all their log sheets in double containers to keep them dry and give them a long life. Thanks to them we were able to hike 15 to 20 kms everyday.

Local cachers teamed up with the town of Riverview to place a number of new caches. The reward for finding all the caches was a beautiful trackable coin

Edited by Ma & Pa

Eloquently stated, GeoTrekker26. I am late to this "thanks giving" party, but want to add my gratefulness in, as well.

The community volunteers are such a wonderful, knowledgeable, passionate group of people! They know the game, they love the game, and they enjoy sharing their knowledge and love of the game with others.

Thanks for being so amazing, community volunteers! You are appreciated! :)

Yes, we deal with them when we submit a cache, problems, etc., and all I know is their 'handle', I can only imagine all the hassle/time/effort for these great people behind the scenes...but man, how much they give to this game, and they arn't ever really properly thanked. Thanks for all that you all do!!!!! Thanks for giving so much back to the game!!

Edited by Dog Town

... It is the reviewers hard work that helped make all those caches possible.

Actually, the game is made possible by cache owners who invest their time and money into placing and maintaining caches. Reviewers are expendable, cache owners are not. This is not to suggest reviewers don't make a contribution, just to put things in proper perspective. Reviewers essentially work without reward and that is a disgrace considering the company they work for is rolling in the dough, though the company does deserve credit for designing, building and maintaining a very excellent site.

... It is the reviewers hard work that helped make all those caches possible.

Actually, the game is made possible by cache owners who invest their time and money into placing and maintaining caches. Reviewers are expendable, cache owners are not.

Sorry but if anything, i see it the other way around. There are are too many cache owners, and i use that term loosely, out there these days who just throw out and have no intention of maintaining their caches. I figure there are times when reviewers cringe when they see caches from certain owners show up in the queue. The cache may meet guidelines at the time but i imagine it's tough for reviewers since they have no choice but to hit that publish button.

Sending out a big Thank You to our Reviewers!

I agree with the comments. The reviewers are incredible.

We have had the same 2 reviewers since we started caching 10 years ago.

They are friendly and helpful. When the region has caching events and competitions that require timing of publishing and a large number of approvals, they are always willing to help. If there is a problem with a cache, they listen and offer advice and are willing to compromise.

I have submitted a few caches over the last few days and they have been published within hours. I submitted 6 this morning and incredibly they were published within 18 minutes.

PAul

Edited by Ma & Pa