Ever come across people REALLY enjoying the outdoors?

ArtieD

As we all know, caching can bring us to a myriad of different locations. Be it urban, rural or truly out in the boonies, caching exposes us to many great sights. In my time with caching, I have witnessed many great things and a couple...different...sights, namely people very much engaged in amorous actions. Now, I suppose it's not as uncommon as one would think, but it's always a bit unexpected to see it while on the trail.

It's happened to me twice.

The first time, I was caching in a fairly large city park in my state's capital and was on a trail, about a tenth of a mile away from the cache. As I was walking, I was paying more attention to my GPSr at the time when all of a sudden I see two teenagers doing what they do. A quick "Oh blankety-blank!" later revealed they noticed my presence as they popped up like prairie dogs to look at me. I didn't say a word...just kept walking. I found the cache. No one was there when I returned.

The second time was in a truly out in the boonies spot. It was spring and the foliage was not thick at all. I saw these people from a distance off. I just kept walking and the trail took me above the adult couple, still a decent bit away. They never noticed me as I passed by. I found the cache. They didn't notice me as I went back the way I came.

Anyone else experience this?

As we all know, caching can bring us to a myriad of different locations. Be it urban, rural or truly out in the boonies, caching exposes us to many great sights. In my time with caching, I have witnessed many great things and a couple...different...sights, namely people very much engaged in amorous actions. Now, I suppose it's not as uncommon as one would think, but it's always a bit unexpected to see it while on the trail.

The first time, I was caching in a fairly large city park in my state's capital and was on a trail, about a tenth of a mile away from the cache. As I was walking, I was paying more attention to my GPSr at the time when all of a sudden I see two teenagers doing what they do. A quick "Oh blankety-blank!" later revealed they noticed my presence as they popped up like prairie dogs to look at me. I didn't say a word...just kept walking. I found the cache. No one was there when I returned.

That was you? I'm so embarrassed..

That was you? I'm so embarrassed..

LOL!

We went caching on Gran Canaria and picked up one or two caches in the Maspalomas Dunes, a very popular cruising spot. Saw a few guys displaying their goods, and one couple who presumably was at it. What I was wondering most: the whole dune area was covered in flat, about 1cm wide seed pods with spikes. Each shoe sole had collected dozens of them, several layers thick. How can you enjoy life there! :blink:

Back at the parking lot, a lady in the truck next to us was, ah, getting some aerobic exercise. Very aerobic. Push-ups, it looked like. Yeah, push-ups, across the driver's seat, that's it. Didn't even miss a beat when we slammed our doors, heh.
We finally got back to the parking lot only to witness some playing a much different game in the vehicle nearby. With Halloween just around the corner, I thought she was possibly training for that bobbing for apples game icon_smile_clown.gif or something... she was pretty focused and didn't miss a beat with our approach or departure.

Story written by local cacher chatelaine

As Globuf and I are making our way down this very narrow, rutted gravel road to place the cache, we encounter a big, black SUV coming towards us, driven by a woman wearing a huge grin (not sure what else). Boy, she is some happy! A half-minute later, we encounter another black SUV being driven by a well-dressed business-man, looking every which way but at us (boy, is he guilty!). Figuring that we have read way too much into that chance encounter Globuf and I laugh at our imaginations. Hah! One of the first to find this cache, makes note in his log about the “nooner” happening near this cache (same black SUVs). So maybe it’s not our imagination? A few weeks later, I decide to place another cache a little further along this same road – and I encounter the same black SUVs – at 9:30 a.m. Well, a week later the same cacher goes out at 9:30 a.m. and finds both my cache and those same SUVs. “A new definition for a nooner” he writes in his log. Fast forward. Globuf and I go out a few months later to remove the non-winter friendly caches at 1:30 p.m. and, yep, he’s waiting for her again! Man, is he getting a lot of action!!!

Yeah, unfortunately we ran into some interesting sights at this virtual -http://coord.info/gcca47

Appears we stumbled upon the local "dbb" (use your head for that one...if you're really curious, send me a private message and I'll elaborate) at the wrong time of day. As soon as we pulled up we saw a pair of dudes getting their "handy" on......and then there were a couple of others getting a bit more graphic.

It was arguably the grossest thing I've ever stumbled upon while caching. Needless to say, we didn't hang around too long at all!

Yes. A couple times "in nature," which I totally understand and am generally okay with... I just wish people would learn to go farther away from the trail/trail head sometimes (like when I was leading a hike on a beach with 20 kids, and we walked off the main beach just one little pocket cove over... yeah, that was certainly an educational moment for the kids!). What I am not okay with is in a rather public place, which is this story:

Coming back to the parking lot after finding "A Pirates BooTY !!!!!" after work. As I was nearing the lot, I noticed a car parked next to mine, with a towel over the driver's side of the windshield. And saw what I thought (from far away) was a kid jumping in the passenger's seat. I was thinking that someone was trying to take a nap, and how unfortunate that their kid was obviously keeping them awake.

But as I got closer, I realized how very very wrong I was. Even though the towel was over the driver's seat, there was a couple most definitely getting it on in the passenger's seat... hence the bouncing that I saw from far away was not a kid, but a bare behind. The thing is, this is a tiny parking lot, and they were parked right next to my car. So the passenger side of their car was about two feet away from the driver's side of mine. So I had to walk literally inches from them to get into my car. They had also put a towel over the passenger side window, but since the seat was all the way reclining, their heads were totally in view from the back window. As I walked up and opened my car door, the guy totally looked over at me (again, inches away), but certainly didn't stop the... uh... shenanigans. I gave him some sort of scathing look in return.

Seriously, if you gotta get it on in a parking lot, at least pick a parking lot that holds more than like 10 cars. :blink:

Just a few weeks back I'm walking through the woods grabbing up caches when I come to a lovely sound beach area .... Oh what a lovely place I thought so of course I pulled out my camera and start snapping pics ..... Looking at a picture I notice something in the back ground so i look up and yup there was something there alright !! At first I was like is that lady digging what is she doing .... Then I start closer and noticed there was two ppl haha needless to say I turned around and high tailed it out of there ! Walking back down the trail I happened upon a family with kids so i had to warn them lol not 15 min later the loving couple jumped in their separate vehicles and sped off . I was just standing on the road shaking my head the girls face was beat red but that guy sure had a big ol grin !!!

I finished up early at an appointment and decided to grab a quick cache before heading home -- about 10AM or so -- and I pulled into this lot at a trail head and there's this guy in his car with this big old smile on his face just sitting there in his car. He looked over at me and just smiled even bigger. A moment later his lady friend popped her head and turned completely white with horror, then clocked the guy across his face. The guy and I started laughing but I just backed up and moved on.

Oh, and in Europe, you don't even need town to see this. Just hit a local park. Years later, I am still trying to scrub my brain of the memory of a leathery old gentleman standing with his hands on his hips in Munich's Englischer Garten, wearing only shoes and socks.

A-jibbly-jibbly. :shocked: