Garmin 2013 Black Friday Deals

To get this price in Canada you have to call customer service at 866-429-9296. I couldn't get the $49 price in Canada so customer service had me buy it at full price and is refunding me the $40.

This didn't work for me. I guess it depends on who answers the phone and how customer-oriented they are.

Too bad. The rep never actually said it was in the US only, so I don't know what's going on.

GPSCentral has posted their Black Friday deals.

The 62S for $199 CD. 62SC for $249, 62ST for $269. Methinks the 62 series might be discontinued soon. Not that that makes it any less useful.

That's what I think as well.

First the Oregon 450/550 series and now the 62 series.

Probably come out with a 64 series and add GLONASS support to it.

Haven't heard a word about the 64 ? series....if it hit the street in 6 months it would take at least 1 1/2 years worth of firmware upgrades to make it usable so you're 2 years out. Re added accuracy / glonass , using the 62 I already hit my head on or kick most caches before I find them so that's not an issue. I do like new toys and screens and would LOVE A BETTER CASE so bring it on.

Really, the 62S for $199 is a great price on a great unit....I can get more now for my used 60 CSx than I paid for it new so buying a quality unit at a great price is really not a bad investment......I predict until the day its discontinued the 62S will not sell below $199.

I was on the fence whether I really "needed" a new GPS. Beside a 3-axis compass, I also wanted unit-to-unit sharing, and chirp support.

My eTrex 20 with GPS/GLONASS has helped me find just over 1500 caches, but the lack of a 3-axis compass causes problems for me in the woods (i.e. it points wherever it wants when I am stopped).

I was out caching this morning and ended up pulling out my smartphone (also has GPS & GLONASS) to locate the cache because it has a decent compass.

Smartphone zeroed out in front of the cache. GPS said it was 9 metres away. Ordered the 62s as soon as I got home.

I was on the fence whether I really "needed" a new GPS. Beside a 3-axis compass, I also wanted unit-to-unit sharing, and chirp support.

My eTrex 20 with GPS/GLONASS has helped me find just over 1500 caches, but the lack of a 3-axis compass causes problems for me in the woods (i.e. it points wherever it wants when I am stopped).

I was out caching this morning and ended up pulling out my smartphone (also has GPS & GLONASS) to locate the cache because it has a decent compass.

Smartphone zeroed out in front of the cache. GPS said it was 9 metres away. Ordered the 62s as soon as I got home.

I have felt your pain ( but not recently )....I've said many times over the years, " Don't buy a GPS without a 3-axis Pointer " ( I use " pointer " because compass tends to confuse....to heck with the compass , I want the pointer to always point at the cache I'm looking for.) IMO the 3 axis pointer, as a feature , is second only to mapping on a GPS......I was lucky in that the second unit I ever bought , the Meridian Platinum, back in 2003 had both features.

To get this price in Canada you have to call customer service at 866-429-9296. I couldn't get the $49 price in Canada so customer service had me buy it at full price and is refunding me the $40.

This didn't work for me. I guess it depends on who answers the phone and how customer-oriented they are.

Looks like Garmin's sale price on CNNA LMU and Onetime is on again today, "Cyber Monday". (What a stupid name.)

And it works in Canada today too.

I'm looking at the 62stc for $299. right now. This would be my first unit. Should i jump?

(I've been using my iphone these past few weeks)

Is the 62s still $199? If so, that's a better deal. You can get free topo maps and the camera is useless next to an iPhone's.

The camera is "useless compared to an iPhone", unless you're comparing the camera's resistance to water... in which the iPhone loses each time. :P