Solve math from puzzle cache

AutisticMajor

I tried to solve the math needed to find a puzzle for a cache. The solution will be the coordinates. I did the math, but I can't put it together to get the coordinates. The equations were in bracket boxes, like this "[A - B][b+3]" etc. This does not seem to result in any sort of coordinates. I can find nothing online about multiple groups of operations. Do I multiply, ignore zeros, or what?? :unsure:

A "checksum" is mentioned, but I have no clue how to use it. :tired:

The solution, minus the boxes, won't fit into the geocheck answer fields either!

Help is requested!

I tried to solve the math needed to find a puzzle for a cache. The solution will be the coordinates. I did the math, but I can't put it together to get the coordinates. The equations were in bracket boxes, like this "[A - B][b+3]" etc. This does not seem to result in any sort of coordinates. I can find nothing online about multiple groups of operations. Do I multiply, ignore zeros, or what?? :unsure:

The solution, minus the boxes, won't fit into the geocheck answer fields either!

Help is requested!

Have you asked the Cache Owner? That person probably knows the solution. :ph34r:

Help is requested!

Have you asked the Cache Owner? That person probably knows the solution. :ph34r:

I don't want the solution, I want to know how to figure it out.

Help is requested!

Each set of brackets results in a single digit. So in your example, you have to solve for the value of A and B. Usually, you will observe something on a sign that tells you what each letter is. So if you determine that A=7 and B=3, you can solve what's inside the brackets and end up with 13 in this case.

Help is requested!

Each set of brackets results in a single digit. So in your example, you have to solve for the value of A and B. Usually, you will observe something on a sign that tells you what each letter is. So if you determine that A=7 and B=3, you can solve what's inside the brackets and end up with 13 in this case.

The example was not relative. A = a 3-digit number. Thanks for trying, though.

If the numbers are 3682 then A=3 B=6 C=8 D=2. Therefore [C-B][A+D][C-A] would be [8-6][3+2][8-3]...[2][5][5].

The geochecker will check the final coords, not each number in the brackets.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, your method still gives me the same results. Removing the brackets gives me a mess. Someone posted a good method, but when I refreshed, it went away. :huh: