What was your first Trackable?

#Tenzin

We all know Trackables are a big deal in Geocaching.

And personaly, I love them seing travel to foreign countries.

But with everything there was a 1st.

What was your first Trackeble you released?

Also plz. tell how it traveled or how it is doing today.

#####

To start this topic, this is my first Trackable: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=4751305

Here name is Birk de Kat (de Kat = the Cat).

Birk has traveled 6180km, even though she is a big TB she is doing pretty well.

I get very nice responces on her, so that is nice.

I choose her becouse in the beginning I found a lot of "regular" caches where she would fit in.

All my other TB are a lot smaller though so they will travel faster.

(And now I have more experience.)

But the reactions people make about Birk make it totaly woth it. B)

Ah. Do you really want to know? We made the mistake of getting two toy, stuffed parakeets for our first TBs. Mine was Bette Davis Eyes . WE put her in our first cache on 8/27/2004. Her goal was to visit Lowell, Mass (which she did), then travel to Hollywood, California. She never made it past Lowell, Massachusetts. 863 miles until disappeared in June of 2006.

My caching companion put out Mommy Dearest in 9/05/2004. She wanted to go to San Antonio, Texas, and then to Hollywood. She travelled 3087 miles before she disappeared in October 2005 in Minnesota. She never made it to Texas. :(

I do have one that I released in November of 2004 that has travelled 21138 miles. But seems finally to have disappeared from a cache in Belgium. We will miss you Osito.

Most of my trackables have disappeared, and I have lost interest in putting out trackables.

My first trackable was a coin Wandering Bear that I put in my first find ever on 4/7/2013 at GC33KMP. Yeah I kinda jumped in with both feet.

Well it never made it out of that cache..actually..it made it out but it it was not logged or put anywhere else. *sigh*

To out a happy spin on this..my second one was "The 'Real' Iron Man" and it has been picked up and taken to Germany! So far it has 10167.8 miles on it!

I am kinda addicted to sending out Travel Bugs now. I have about 12 out and moving, 2 more registered but not placed yet and about 4 others tagged but not registered yet. :)

I'm not sure which was the first trackable I released but these are two of the earliest (released March 2007). They're both geocoins, they both disappeared, and they have both been resurrected as different trackable items to continue their journeys, so they're still fun to watch. More details can be seen on their pages:

Porsche write-off

Wales to Hawaii and back again...

MrsB :)

I really like geocoins. They seem to go missing faster than travel bugs, though. This coin was my first trackable, from Feb. 2009. It traveled around Oregon and California for half a year before a TB hotel that it was placed into was muggled (with all the trackables inside lost in the process). It was nice while it lasted.

30590afb-b72d-4a4d-a034-3b0ffd19290a.jpg

Mine was called the wandering lion. A plastic toy lion that I picked up from the second cache that I found, (I left a toy dinosaur in it's place!) I drilled a hole in him and set him off at one of my own caches with the goal to travel to a nearby National Park and spend time in every cache in the park that it could fit into. He's still traveling and has had lots of great photos taken! He is by far my favourite and I have the peace of mind that he is nearby and I can just go for a short drive to pick him up if he's in a cache!