New Category Proposal

I have it put together, but was advised to post something in here.

Officers on board, and they have voted on requirements and variables....

Since we have about down to 8th largest in the hamburger world the Third largest in Pizza world should be acceptable. They are also in 8 country other than US with 6 more countries with locations under construction. So, they do meet the world wide requirement.

Little Caesars Pizza...

without major objection will go to Peer tomorrow...after I check in here to see how much screaming and hollering is going on....lol

YoSam.

I'm going to have to agree with Max and the 99. Personally I probably wouldn't vote for this one.

However, we all ready have Pizza Hut and Domino's, so I guess #3 should also be included.

I do see a problem with the folks across the Big Pond. I don't think Little Ceasars exists there.

What to do, what to do, what to do? :unsure:

I do see a problem with the folks across the Big Pond.

He-he :rolleyes: If I'd like to be too much sarcastic, I'd advise you to Pizza Shops - Regional Chains category :laughing:

With almost every new proposal I'm saying to myself Live and let live. If someone's enjoy it, why not?

Well, at the end of the day, my abstained opinion is very often turned into nay because of single good reason why not - there is set of 4 well known criteria to support objectivity of decisions, whether category should be accepted or not.

I believe these 4 criteria were declared in past by Groundspeak and Waymarking community as common agreement.

This is our decision point, not personal sympathy to proposal.

Extension of Pizza Shops - Regional Chains to accept national chains too is Best-can-do, in my opinion. Once it is expanded to other countries (how many?) it can qualify for own category. I have no issues with commercial categories, they may save the future of Waymarking at some point of time.

Chain businesses are not interesting. Not for Waymarking. It's fine to have some preferences - even affectations - where to eat or buy stuff; we all have. But this does not translate from the real to the Waymarking world. They're simply not interesting to post, and they are even more boring to visit as waymarks.

There are 196 countries in the world 15 of which apparently have a Caesar's so your conclusion that they meet the world wide requirement is an exaggeration.

There are different possible definitions of the global criterion. Groundspeak has not exactly defined it for good reasons, so you you can pick the one that makes most sense to you.

My definition is, that a category must not be arbitrarily limited to a certain geographic area. When this happens I will vote Nay, the rest of the proposal does not matter. On top of that the global character can influence my vote, but is not that essential any more. The more countries, the better; but not all countries are equally important.

In my opinion 15 countries can be enough in some cases, it depends on the other three criterions. The fact that only two of them are top 25 Waymarking countries, where there are at least some basic Waymarking activities, and that all those 15 countries concentrate in North and Central America and the Middle East is a drawback but it is not the crucial point.

I'm going to have to agree with Max and the 99. Personally I probably wouldn't vote for this one.

However, we all ready have Pizza Hut and Domino's, so I guess #3 should also be included.

I do see a problem with the folks across the Big Pond. I don't think Little Ceasars exists there.

Little Caesars is in England, and 4 Arab States and Australia, with new franchises to open in France and Germany...

Little Caesars is in England, and 4 Arab States and Australia, with new franchises to open in France and Germany...

What source are you using for these locations? Wikipedia? If so, then you might want to check to see that some of the countries listed are in the FORMER location column.

I'm not even going to continue this discussion, you have all ready sent the category to Peer Review. So in three days it won't matter what anyone here had to say.

Did this one not pass peer review?

I wasn't involved in creating this one, but I'm disappointed anyway. Why?

Certainly our ideas of what make a good category have changed from the early days of Waymarking, but I think this clearly has a place along side a good many similar categories. Why should we give a place to Pizza Hut, and deny a category for another pizza chain?

Some people think ALL commercial categories should be avoided, some think they all should be accepted, and others, like myself, believe that they have a place within Waymarking and we should select them with care. This seemed like a good fit.

If you never want to waymark in a commercial category that is just fine. But, for the many who would like to do these waymarks, why should they not have a place along side the rest? I probably wouldn't go out of may way to waymark one, but I might walk across the street if there was one there. There are other categories I ignore completely. That's the way it should be. It is the strength of Waymarking that we make place for a diversity of tastes and interests. So I fail to see any valid arguments against inclusion. How does this hurt Waymarking?

By the way, Little Caesar would not fit the definition of a regional chain since it is national in the U.S., and has expanded to other countries. I'm flexible in adding new chains, and have added many, but not that flexible.

It did not pass peer review. At this time I would say there is little chance that a chain category will make it through peer review. The last several that have gone up for vote have not fared well with most ending up with less than 40% on the visible yes votes. Five years ago would have sailed through not the case anymore.