Battle

St.Matthew

Sounds fun, but what about any battles? Particularly, what happens when a player loses a battle. For example, his life bar runs out, etc.

I have an RPG near completion and I have set mine up to be simple d20 roll battles against on of their stats. Example Code

zEncounterCheck = zAC + math.random(1,20)
encounters.c.first = zName .." was following a trail through the woods when "..hisher.." foot was violently yanked out from under "..himher..". "..hisher.." body followed, and "..heshe.." was suddenly upside down, swaying back and forth from a tree branch. Then goblins with big sticks emerged from the woods."
encounters.c.success = "The goblins took turns trying to smash "..zName.." with sticks while cackling jokes to each other. Between "..hisher.." expert wiggling and "..hisher.." armor, "..zName.." didn't receive any real injuries. "..heshe.." reached out with "..hisher.." "..zWeaponType.." and attacked one of the goblins in the face. Their tone instantly changed and they scurried away from their dangerous prey. This gave "..zName.." plenty of time to free "..himselfherself.." and follow their fresh tracks."
encounters.c.goldsuccess = math.random(15,17)
encounters.c.XPsuccess = 46
encounters.c.fail = "The goblins took turns trying to smash "..zName.." with sticks while cackling jokes to each other. They were quite successful too, which did not feel good to "..zName..". Eventually, "..heshe.." reached out with "..hisher.." fists and punched one of the goblins in the face. Their tone instantly changed and they scurried away from their dangerous prey. This gave "..zName.." plenty of time to free "..himselfherself.."."
encounters.c.goldfail = math.random(5,6)
encounters.c.damage = math.random(4,7)
encounters.c.XPfail = 20
encounters.c.CheckAmt = 26
encounters.c.roll = zName.."  made an Armor Class check with a difficulty of "..encounters.c.CheckAmt.." and rolled..... "..zEncounterCheck
encounters.c.successMSG = zName.." earned "..zXPEarned.."XP and found "..zGoldFound.." gold coins.\n The goblins dropped almost everything they had in the escape."
encounters.c.failMSG = zName.." earned "..zXPEarned.."XP. Found "..zGoldFound.." gold coins. However the attack caused "..zDamageTaken.." damage."

This is one of many encounters the play may come across. As far as how I am handling death, when a play dies they are placed in limbo, I shut down all the active zones and activate some graveyards. The player must return to one of the graveyards and speak to the spirit healer. After she heals them I turn off the graveyard zones and activate the zones the were active prior to death.

Hope that helps

Hi,

i made my new rpg with Urwigo and i develop my own way of battleing. I create for every character 8 to 10 caracteristics. And every single of them has a goal. After i divided the characters into Range Combat or Long Distance combat and i did the same to the creatures they fight agains. After is something like six scenarios of fighting. Mixing all the combinations possible. And every scenario i made a diferent algorythm for the fight.