Earth Day Cache In Trash Out April 26, 2003

smillersmiller

Happy Earth Day. I'll start this thread for people to discuss the upcoming Cache In Trash Out (CITO) this April 26th. Whether you are planning on doing this alone, with a small group of friends, or as an organized event cache, remember to bring a bag with you to pick up some litter this coming Saturday.

If you are organizing a CITO event for April 26th or April 27th in one of the Great Plains States, let's hear about it in this thread.

Central Iowa Cachers: check out Des Moines Parks Cache In Trash Out.

Since this is earth week, I decided to go and clean up a nice little beach that I frequent, and carted away tons of beer bottles, beer cans, plastic bags, rags, and garbage.

I am a treasure hunter, and on that little beach a little ways out in the water, was my first really good find, a Keepsake Diamond Ring. I felt like I was giving back a ittle of what the earth gave me.

After cleaning up the sand of all the garbage, I decided to see what else the earth would give me, and viola, up came some pocket change

http://www.mindspring.com/~dickandellen/sunktreasure.jpg