Coming to Minnesota

Guest Kimrobin

Guest Kimrobin

We had decided to take a trip to Minnestoa in April.

We want to be based in N. St Paul (Maplewood, Vadnais Heights, Roseville) area.

It seems like there's lots of caches to do and I want to have a go at Mission Impossible while we are there.

Does anyone local to that area know of any reasonably priced places to stay. Everything I've found on the net is about $70+ per night, which makes it very expensive for six nights. In the Uk we have Bed & Breakfast places where you stay in someone's house and its nearer $40 per night.

Which are the best caches in N. St Paul? Any recommendations?

Alex (Kimrobin)

Guest go4hockey

You will not find too many hotels under $70 especially in the areas you mentioned.

FYI - The closer you get to the Mall of America the higher the cost of the hotel goes up.

Guest pottsie

I stayed at the Days Inn in Bloomington, not too far from The Mall of America, and I spent about $75 per night. That, I suppose, is about the cheapest place in the area since my reservations were made by my tightwad employer.

Guest irvingdog

Bloomington wil have many hotels to offer, but few under 70 dollars, however, Bloomington is full of caches in and around the Hyland Park area. If you concentrate on the North end of the Twin cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) try the Fridley/Blaine area. King Boreas and others are very busy planting, and by April, I'll have 3-5 caches placed myself.

P.M. with specific questions.

------------------

boo.jpg

Guest Kimrobin

I can get the Days Inn in Roseville for $40 so that seems to be the best bet.

Kim's mom lives in Maplewood so that will be pretty handy for that.

It's also less than two miles from Famous Dave's, my No.1 calling point when we are in Minnesota. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone for ribs??

Alex.

[This message has been edited by Kimrobin (edited 26 February 2002).]

Guest Kimrobin

I can get the Days Inn in Roseville for $40 so that seems to be the best bet.

Kim's mom lives in Maplewood so that will be pretty handy for that.

It's also less than two miles from Famous Dave's, my No.1 calling point when we are in Minnesota. icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone for ribs??

Alex.

[This message has been edited by Kimrobin (edited 26 February 2002).]

Guest irvingdog

Roseville is an excellent half-way point for what you want to accomplish. The only thing better than Famous Daves, is the original Famous Daves up near Hayward Wisconsin. It is an amazingly beautiful resort with great little cabins (far from cheap though!).

Have fun!

Guest Kimrobin

We don't have anything like Famous Dave's in the UK. Everytime we fly in to MSP I want to dive in the one near to the airport.

Kim can't understand it, but she has been able to go there anytime she wanted to when she lived there, so is very "yeah, so what" about it.

But we will be hitting the ribs at least a couple of times in our six day trip in April. Probably go there to celebrate cracking the Mission Impossible matrix (if we manage it)

Cheers

Alex.

Guest Kimrobin

quote:
Originally posted by irvingdog:

What is the "Mission Impossible Matrix" ?

It's a multi-cache in Maplewood. You have to solve a puzzle to find the location of the cache box.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=6514

I've worked some of the clues out from over here in the UK, but still have no idea how to translate the matrix. It's first job for when we arrive in St Paul.

Cheers

Alex & Kim

Guest tecmage

Lucky for us there's a Famous Dave's in Des Moines- a lot closer than travelling to Minneapolis.

Speaking of travelling to Minneapolis, Tracy and I should be coming that way sometime soon, so thanks for the info about where caches are concentrated. We ocassionally read the cache pages for up north, and are itching to get to a few.

Richard and Tracy