Was Signal arrested?

zanadian

Not many cachers know this but Signal has a twin. Signal was well liked by his fellow amphibians but Nigsal was always quiet and kept to himself. He began growing more and more jealous of Signal and it wasn't long after he lost his tail, that he began hanging with the wrong friends. Yes, Toads! :(

Like Signal, he enjoyed geocaching but was never very good at it. When he did find a cache, he didn't sign the log and would not place it back the way he found it. Sometimes he never even left his hole but logged caches anyway from the comfort of his recliner. He tried to host two or three events but the turnout was always low and he ended up having to log finds on the temporary caches by himself. If he happened to come across a travelbug, then you can bet that he shared it's tracking number with every toad he saw. He sometimes grabbed those travelbug and that was the last anyone ever saw of them. Breaking the law to get a ftf was nothing to him and soon he had city park personnel, local police, and disgruntled cachers trying to find him. He was finally caught yesterday, exiting the building that his DGS.com website headquarters is located in. :o

p.s. As far as i know, none of the above is true. :P

Not many cachers know this but Signal has a twin. Signal was well liked by his fellow amphibians but Nigsal was always quiet and kept to himself.

When did the name change happen? AFAIK, Static has always been the name of Signal's Evil Twin.

The name Static fits him in more ways than one. Static is what is heard when a signal is being interfered with or the signal is weak and static also means sedentary which is what an armchair cacher is.

Edited by Glenn

Not many cachers know this but Signal has a twin. Signal was well liked by his fellow amphibians but Nigsal was always quiet and kept to himself.

When did the name change happen? AFAIK, Static has always been the name of Signal's Evil Twin.

The name Static fits him in more ways than one. Static is what is heard when a signal is being interfered with or the signal is weak and static also means sedentary which is what an armchair cacher is.

I think you're on to something here. Static certainly makes more sense so i must have somehow got this fact wild guess wrong. :blink:

In either case,, does anyone know what particular geocaching crime was committed? Also, if his bail has been set? I just want to believe there's hope and with our help, still time to save him from "the darkside". :ph34r:

In either case,, does anyone know what particular geocaching crime was committed? Also, if his bail has been set? I just want to believe there's hope and with our help, still time to save him from "the darkside". :ph34r:

... Couldn't find the cache, so used a 'throw down' to get the smiley...

Oh my, that's a serious offense. We may have to take up a collection as i imagine the bail is going to be set pretty high.

... Couldn't find the cache, so used a 'throw down' to get the smiley...

I heard a rumor that he had several throwdown caches in his possesion. And that all the logsheets had stickers of several toad cachers pre attached.

Searching the photo, it seems to originate on or close to Apr 1, 2009. Anyone know if Signal was at any events / wild parties related that date in Denver?

On another thought... over in Hiking and Backpacking... a while back we identified the existance of Hell Frog's.

Those are what you get on BAD Signal Days... perhaps that was what this is a photo of... one that got caught.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Am I the only guy that can't see the picture. I tried in Safari on my iPad plus Windows and Chrome.

I can't either.

Though since the recent "upgrade" to Explorer 11 it's not the only problem I've had!

I see the picture on the computer but not the phone. It's a police car, by the way.

And now I can see it!

And I didn't change anything on my computer...

How did you do that?

Thanks anyway.

denver-cops-tough-frog_zps42382fe3.jpg

Maybe this one will be more visible.

Maybe it's just because I'm in Australia, but it all looks very odd to me. . .

There are two people in the front aren't there?

Has the policeman at the wheel fallen asleep while his front seat passenger is reading Signal his rights?

Why the rope on the street sign?

And what about the black Merc in the background . . .

Now I can’t see the image in the first post, thanks giddeanx for posting the pic.

The concept of Signal having a disreputable, often misunderstood twin brother (kinda like the black sheep of the family) and hanging around a bad crowd (toads) is hilarious! Good humour people :D

denver-cops-tough-frog_zps42382fe3.jpg

Maybe this one will be more visible.

Maybe it's just because I'm in Australia, but it all looks very odd to me. . .

There are two people in the front aren't there?

Has the policeman at the wheel fallen asleep while his front seat passenger is reading Signal his rights?

Why the rope on the street sign?

And what about the black Merc in the background . . .

The list of charges was so long the other cop fell asleep.