Waymarking Groups

nock nock

Hello out there! I set up a group called MS Heritage Trust (I think) - I can see it when I log in and look at "groups I manage" but I cannot find the group when I log out and search. How do I make it find-able? If I make it find-able will it make the 10 waymarks in the group easier to find together?

Thanks!

I think you completely misunderstand the basic functionalities of this site.

You cannot group waymarks. Groups are for people. Then a group can create a category. And categories are for waymarks. But a category has to pass peer review before it is activated. To pass peer review a category has to meet some basic criterions. One of them is prevalence; it's not clearly defined what that means, but I would not dare to try it with a category with less than 1000 potential waymarks. Another crierion is globality. Some categories do nor exist in every single country of the world, but the more, the better.

All in all, a category for 10 locations in 1 state has 0 chance to get approved. I have checked your group, it's a nice idea; but it simply is not compatible with how this game is organized.

BTW, what you are looking for is something that I was looking for when I first started Waymarking. And I'm sure we're not the only ones who have wanted it. This is, I believe, like bookmark lists in geocaching, although I'm not 100% sure because I've never used those. But a group, or even a Waymark itself, that is a list of Waymarks would be a wonderful idea.

I bookmarked all of the Barry County Southern Baptist Association churches as Baptist Churches waymarks. I would love to have made a group of all of those waymarks so that I could point non-Waymarking friends to that single group (or Waymark of waymarks) to give them a list of information about the BCSBA churches. No such luck.

Edited by MountainWoods

BTW, what you are looking for is something that I was looking for when I first started Waymarking. And I'm sure we're not the only ones who have wanted it. This is, I believe, like bookmark lists in geocachine, although I'm not 100% sure because I've never used those. But a group, or even a Waymark itself, that is a list of Waymarks would be a wonderful idea.

I bookmarked all of the Barry County Southern Baptist Association churches as Baptist Churches waymarks. I would love to have made a group of all of those waymarks so that I could point non-Waymarking friends to that single group (or Waymark of waymarks) to give them a list of information about the BCSBA churches. No such luck.

Something completely different. I've never done one, but it sounds like you pick a point and then the Waymarking Scavenger Hunt application picks a bunch of Waymarks randomly from around that point, and from various categories. Sounds boring to me. I don't know if it honors your Ignore list for categories or what. It sounds like someone's idea of a specific game, but not what we want.

Something completely different. I've never done one, but it sounds like you pick a point and then the Waymarking Scavenger Hunt application picks a bunch of Waymarks randomly from around that point, and from various categories. Sounds boring to me. I don't know if it honors your Ignore list for categories or what. It sounds like someone's idea of a specific game, but not what we want.

The scavenger hunt will not generate anything on your ignore list. This means that you can, in essence, ignore everything but one category for a hunt (you can even ignore entire departments if it helps). If you wanted to generate a scavenger hunt of JUST Oklahoma Historical Markers, you could do that.