Kansas Cache's Up For Adoption

Samuel Clemens

If no one else is able, I can take over for the three in the one park:

Mission: Impossible

Ladies Cache

Guys Cache #3

I might not be the best option, since I'm not going to permanently be here. But in the meantime, it looks like no one else has stepped up.

scooterj just posted this to the KC Geocaching News cache, though, so maybe someone better fit will offer.

I'm only definitely going to be here for another 3 months, so if you're willing and able, it's probably better for you to adopt the caches.

Now, if you just need them checked up on while I'm still here, an e-mail could probably get me out to check on them for you. [icon_smile.gif]

-Cortney

Hey, DustyJacket...

Ladies Cache was our first cache ever, so if you decide you can't/dont want to do that one, just let me know and I'd be glad to.

If there are some that are still available, let me know. I know I'm late to this topic, but vacation will do that to you.

Morgan

TeamTJ

quote:
Originally posted by TeamTJ:

How to we take ownership?

TeamTJ

You'll have to send an email to the contact address and explain to Jeremy (or Hydee, or whoever answers the email) whats going on. Make sure you identify the cache you need transfered (GC# or a url). You may also want to add a link to this thread or have Chrome send an email in too, so It doesn't look like your trying to kidnapp someones cache icon_wink.gif.

Ps- As far as not adopting because you haven't found them... You won't set off any alerts by posting a find to a cache that is also listed as your own.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by DustyJacket:

I sent Chrome an E-mail concerning the change of cache ownership a couple of weeks ago, to have him deal w/Jeremy.

Still waiting for a response.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

Seems like your waiting for replies from everyone doesn't it icon_frown.gif

Maybe you could speed things up by also sending email to Jeremy, just put a link to this thread as "proof". icon_confused.gif

If I were you, I'd just send the e-mail to Jeremy or Glenn (not sure who'd approve the ownership change) and direct them to this thread.

It's pretty obvious that Chrome no longer geocaches.

And the few times I've tried to contact him, I've NEVER received a response, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Just in case...asking to get it changed couldn't hurt. The worst they can say is, "Not yet. We want to hear from him directly first".

icon_smile.gif

Jeremy was the "him" I sent mail to yesterday morning.

I directed him to this thread. We'll just have to wait and see.

in the mean time, I need to visit the 'Kids Cache' by Chrome as it appears to be broken and wet.

DustyJacket

TeamTJ - my weekend just got taken from me (kind of).

Is there ay way you can try to visit Kids Kache #1 to evaluate what kind of container I need to bring to replace it? (The logs are showing it is broken and full of water.)

DustyJacket

OK, If somebody emails me a list of who is doing what to which caches. I will contact chrome if you want and I can edit the pages to reflect who is takeing care of which cache. Getting official "ownership" changed is not as important as getting the caches take care of. Jeramy is very busy with other isues so I can take care of most of whatever needs doing.

glenn

GC.com admin

quote:
Originally posted by *gln:

OK, If somebody emails me a list of who is doing what to which caches. I will contact chrome if you want and I can edit the pages to reflect who is takeing care of which cache. Getting official "ownership" changed is not as important as getting the caches take care of. Jeramy is very busy with other isues so I can take care of most of whatever needs doing.

Can you edit the cache's location coords? and/or description?? icon_confused.gif

Yep, I can manage that. But after thinking about it for a nano second, If sombody wanted to take the cache, then change (significantly) the location and description, someone can just pick up the box, archive the cache and start again fresh if ya want.

glenn

Hello, since we have been involved in cacheing since pretty much the beginning (in KC anyway), I am available to help with babysitting also if needed. I pretty much set my own schedule so I have flexability, the wedding is out of the way, and the deck is almost complete. So there should be LOTS more time for playing.

Ryan and Rhonda

I went to Kid Kache Monday to replace the box. An 18-wheeler came "that close" to hitting me as I stepped out of my car on the shoulder. I was so rattled, I skipped looking for the old box. As this is a "kids" cache in a very dangerous area, I am going to ask the admins to permanently archive it, and I'll place a new one when I find a good spot.

The Guys Cache has been plundered. The box is gone and most of the goodies. The only thing left is the logbook in a baggie and a CD case. I stopped there right after the Kid Kache and kids were playing on top of the cache site and looking in the rock wall for "something". I will try once again to retrieve the log book, archive the cache, and place a new one pretty far away from the original site.

If anyone disagrees or would like to take over those caches, just let me know.

DustyJacket

Thanks for checking on these Dusty.

I've never found Kid Kache, so I don't know about the availability of alternative parking nearby.

I think at this point moving the Guys Cache is a good idea. I know that there are plenty of kids who live nearby who could have seen people searching for the cache, and I'm sure that's what got it.

-Cortney

quote:
Originally posted by DustyJacket:

I went to Kid Kache Monday to replace the box. An 18-wheeler came "that close" to hitting me as I stepped out of my car on the shoulder. I was so rattled, I skipped looking for the old box. As this is a "kids" cache in a very dangerous area, I am going to ask the admins to permanently archive it, and I'll place a new one when I find a good spot.

Now you see why I originally pulled it after finding it recently. :-)