downloaded a cartridge

S47fish

Your computer should not have a file association, nor should it have a program to open the file. Instead, you should just save the file to your computer and copy it to whatever device you'll use to play the cartridge.

If your browser is not giving you an opportunity to save the file, you'll have to tell us the browser you're using. Also, for us to go help you through the entire process of getting the cartridge file to your player device, you will also have to let us know what device you're trying to use to play cartridges: iOS, Android, Java phone, or Garmin Colorado/Oregon.

I have the same problem. I am using FireFox. My device is a Garmin Oregon 300. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide!

Step 1 : download Wherigo cartridge to your computer.

a. Go to Wherigo page

b. Select Garmin Oregon

c. Click on Download Now

d. In dialog box, select "Save file".

It probably saved to your Downloads folder. If you're not sure, click on the down arrow in your Firefox tool bar, you should see the file. Right click and select "Open Containing Folder".

Step 2 : transfer to your Garmin Oregon 300

a. Plug it in. Wait for it to be detected. Explore the device.

b. Go to the Garmin folder. Inside that, go to the Wherigo folder.

c. Copy file from step 1 into the Wherigo folder

Disconnect, power up, and you should see the cartridge.

Thanks! I have tried but have been unsuccessful at the "copy" stage. This has been an ongoing 2-year struggle. I will try again to do the copy tomorrow, and hope that I finally am able to load in a Wherigo to my Oregon 300. I DO appreciate your step-by-step, and hope to solve this soon.

When I manually had to add the file to my phone, I liked to drag and drop. I found it on the download list, dragged and dropped it out onto my desktop, and then dragged and dropped it into the appropriate folder on my phone, once it was open. I then verified that it transferred properly by starting it, even though I might have been 100 miles from the starting point.

However, the Android app Whereyougo now allows you to download directly to your phone and I think (?) the iPhone app does the same thing. If you have a smartphone, that would be my suggestion. There are some things you need to do once you download the apps (fill in some forms and provide some information) to get it up and running, but I've done all Wherigos on my phone.