Most in a day in OKLAHOMA?

Guest hipsterdoofus

Guest hipsterdoofus

Hello there!

Just curious as far as you Oklahoma Cachers out there what the most is that anyone has gotten in a day inside the state? Yesterday I was priveledged to get 13 done with glass1217. I imagine you could get more than that in the metro areas though.

-HipsterDo0fus

Edmond, OK

Guest c-troop

I got 7 all by myself around Tulsa last Thanksgiving, could have done more, but thats all there was. From Wichita, down for the weekend so the wife could go shopping, I thought it was a excellent compromise, she spends the $$, I go seek trinkets in the forest...I had way more fun than she did icon_biggrin.gif

C-Troop

Guest c-troop

I got 7 all by myself around Tulsa last Thanksgiving, could have done more, but thats all there was. From Wichita, down for the weekend so the wife could go shopping, I thought it was a excellent compromise, she spends the $$, I go seek trinkets in the forest...I had way more fun than she did icon_biggrin.gif

C-Troop

Guest hipsterdoofus

Thats cool! Me and some friends did about 5 in Tulsa a few months ago, and we may have done more but they were quite spread out and we didn't really get going until noon or so. By the way, you may check back in the Tulsa area...geocaching really seems to be starting to take off there...there have been tons of caches place since we were there before, maybe as many as 10 ( we are thinking of driving up and doing all 10 in 1 day) so worth the drive possibly!

Guest hipsterdoofus

Hey Beatnik,

Yeah I remember you from the breakfast. We did have to search on a couple of those in the bartlesville area that you re-hid. This past weekend myself and 3 friends were fortunate enough to go up and do 10 caches in Tulsa. I think Geocacaching is starting to cache on in Tulsa more because I noticed that a lot of caches are popping up there. Unfortunaetly we didn't have any REALLY difficult finds (some of the caches in Tulsa were hard to get to, but not all that hard to find) but hopefully as it catches on there we will see a variety of caches. In fact I noticed that on Saturday, the day we were up there, someone placed a new cache. Hope to see you at the meeting here again if you can make it!

-HipsterDo0fus

Edmond, OK

Guest hipsterdoofus

well c-troop, I hope to make it up to Wichita sometime, I am currently just trying to get a handle on Oklahoma Caches...there are quite a few here but they are spread out so it takes quite a while, and since I just started doing this in the last few months, there are about 60 or so in the state to do! I have noticed that oddity of there being TONS of them in Wichita, so maybe i'll take a day or two off work someday and head up there!

-HipsterDo0fus

Edmond, OK

Guest c-troop

Cool! come on up! I was in OKC yesterday, I had to make a quick trip down and back and didnt have any time to cache, I searched the website and found a couple of caches within 5 miles of where I was heading, (just east of lake Hephner?) but I couldnt convince the wife to let me go search in the dark, we left Wichita at 5 and got back at 10:30 and this was including a pit stop to change a flat tire! phew what a day!

Hope to see you up this way.

C-Troop