Remove Souvenirs?

Don_J

Did I miss a major announcement and forum discussion?

I'm looking at my new Space souvenir on my Souvenir tab and I hovered my mouse over it getting ready to click to bring up it's full page, when a little red round circle with an - on it appears in the top right corner of the souvenir. I hovered over it and the tool tip text pops up, "Remove this Souvenir?".

Really? So not wanting to screw anything up, I logged on with my sock account which has souvenirs on it from deleted test logs and clicked one of the red -'s. Poof, it's gone, and there is a link at the top, "Edit Hidden Souvenirs". I click the link and the one that I deleted is there with an X after it. I click the X and it disappears from the list, but the souvenir did not reappear until I clicked to another tab and then back to the souvenir tab, so I guess it still needs a bit of polishing.

I have to give Kudos to the Groundspeak Lackeys and programmers. They listened to what people were saying and responded in a way that is going to make a lot of people very happy.

The fact that they made it exactly as I suggested really kind of floors me.

I tried this with other souvenirs (since I did not get the space one) but the only tooltip that comes up for me is the name of the souvenir. I tried it in Firefox and IE without luck. Perhaps there is something in the way they added the new one.

I just wish I had the option to hide them all

Edited by geodarts

Are you running a Greasemonkey script? Try turning off Greasemonkey and see if you can duplicate the behavior you're observing.

Well, now I feel really, really silly.

This must have been added to the last update of the GC Little Helper script. For some reason, there was no release notes with that update so they snuck this feature in on me. Since they are hidden at the browser level, it only appeared that they were being hidden from my test profile specifically. In reality, that particular souvenir is hidden from all profiles that I view. Sorry for getting everyone hopes up.

I'm tempted to edit my OP, but I'll leave it so Groudspeak can see how positively we might respond if they were to actually do something like this.

Are you running a Greasemonkey script? Try turning off Greasemonkey and see if you can duplicate the behavior you're observing.

Well, now I feel really, really silly.

This must have been added to the last update of the GC Little Helper script. For some reason, there was no release notes with that update so they snuck this feature in on me. Since they are hidden at the browser level, it only appeared that they were being hidden from my test profile specifically. In reality, that particular souvenir is hidden from all profiles that I view. Sorry for getting everyone hopes up.

I'm tempted to edit my OP, but I'll leave it so Groudspeak can see how positively we might respond if they were to actually do something like this.

Dang. I went to my souvenenir page hoping that I could removed the three 31 days in August souvenirs but didn't get the delete tooltip. I had an AdBlockPlus script that would hide those souvenirs in my profile but it left a big hole where the image would be and would also hide those souvenirs when I looked at someone elses profile.

+1 on Groundspeak providing a feature which lets users remove a souvenir from our souvenirs page.

For a moment I was worried some of my code was accidentally released, as not too long ago I implemented this very feature as a proof of concept.

M3BNAJO.png

+1 on Groundspeak providing a feature which lets users remove a souvenir from our souvenirs page.

I've asked that this feature be put in sometime soon (after extensive testing) so keep your eyes peeled! :anibad:

For a moment I was worried some of my code was accidentally released, as not too long ago I implemented this very feature as a proof of concept.

M3BNAJO.png

I've asked that this feature be put in sometime soon (after extensive testing) so keep your eyes peeled! :anibad:

Since you're using tabbed pages for the display of souvenirs, how about creating separate tabs for different souvenir types. I'd like to see separate tabs for region based souvenirs, event souvenirs, and "special" souvenirs, or at least ordered by souvenir type. Because souvenirs are sorted "by name", my page currently shows Indiana, then International Geocaching Day, then Japan. Just changing the name of the souvenirs could improve sorting. For example, for regional souvenirs that are sub-regions (i.e. U.S. States) including the country name first (i.e. U.S. - Indiana or Germany - Hessen) would organize the page a bit better.

M3BNAJO.png

I assume the hidden tab is only visible to the member and others viewing the page will not see the hidden tab. Otherwise it seems senseless if others can see my hidden tab.