Unable to connect Twitter

thebruce0

So just now I decided to attempt connecting my twitter account for easier sharing, but while my Facebook connection is active and works, I can't seem to get Twitter to connect to gc.com.

I've tried via both the log editing page ("Connect with twitter" button) and my profile details page. Both take me to the Twitter authorization page (requiring me to log in even if I'm already logged in to Twitter; seems gc is logging me out with this process, just by clicking to connect) - so I log in and authorize, and returning to gc.com nothing has changed.

Checking my twitter profile settings, geocaching.com does have access, and it was granted back in 2011 when I first connected.

ETA: Ok, figured out the problem. I revoked the old access and re-connected twitter, and it worked this time. I guess the previous method wasn't getting recognized or overwritten when connecting. It's re-authorized and now connected

Edited by thebruce0

Nope, still having problems...

Twitter's connected, but I'm getting an error:

An error has occcurred: The status update message has exceeded {0}'s character limit

I've removed characters to be plenty under the max count, and nothing's working. It's still connected, permission in Twitter profile still exists, but something tells me there's an issue with the submission via API.

I am not able to share my logs to Twitter for some reason. I get:

An error has occcurred:

Twitter: An unexpected error occurred. Please check your data and try again.

I tried removing the hyphen from before and after my username, as well as disconnecting Twitter from my account and re-connecting it. Any other ideas?

Have you tried removing permissions on *both* the Geocaching and Twitter sides and then reauthorizing?

Yes I have. I disconnected via my Geocaching.com Account Details page and then revoked access to the Geocaching.com app in my Twitter settings,and reconnected and nothing. I even trying reversing the process and revoking the access within Twitter first and then disconnecting in my Account Details page then reconnecting but still a no go. I get the same message.

Hi there,

Was just logging in to read the latest release notes and kind of hoped this one would be fixed as part of it. Seems that's not the case :(.

We've been having Twitter post issues from both the website and the iPhone app for a few weeks now. A local group of us use Twitter to share our finds and this seems to have stopped working for all of us.

I can echo the comments about the "unexpected error occurred" message which we've been experiencing and I've tried the same possible workarounds.

Just yesterday I setup a brand new Twitter account, attached the gc.com site to that and I'm still getting this error.

Hi there,

Was just logging in to read the latest release notes and kind of hoped this one would be fixed as part of it. Seems that's not the case :(.

We've been having Twitter post issues from both the website and the iPhone app for a few weeks now. A local group of us use Twitter to share our finds and this seems to have stopped working for all of us.

I can echo the comments about the "unexpected error occurred" message which we've been experiencing and I've tried the same possible workarounds.

Just yesterday I setup a brand new Twitter account, attached the gc.com site to that and I'm still getting this error.

I've got the same issue.

I have issues too, but a little different...

I can authorise the app on my iphone to use twitter, and it works for each log, but I need to authorise it every single time - despite checking the 'remember me' box, it never does.

I have just tried to authorise twitter through the website, and while it accepts my username and password, it does not register as connected when I am returned to my profile page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Same her - I just tried to authetificate geocaching.com on twitter and the authorization screen always came back an Geocaching did not appear among the allowed apps in twitter. After clicking on "Authorize" (or what it is in English), the page is reloading, after clicking another time, I get logged into twitter (my name on the uper right). But then, nothing happens even after clicking a couple of times. I then clicked "Cancel" - same thing - just a reload.

I tried on IE and Firefox (both newest versions) under Windows 8.1.

Please fix that.