distinct Vs non distinct cache finds

desert dawg

I have noticed on many user prifiles an X amount hides are distinct with a few not falling into that distinct catagory.

what is the differance between a distinct find and ones that are not distinct?

how would one go about sorting out your finds that are not distinct finds and converting them over to distinct?

thanks... ~

Edited by Desert Dawg

You can't change them. Every separate cache counts toward your total finds. If I log cache ABC, CDE, EFG, that is three finds. Now where distinct comes in is how many times I log each cache. The first time I log the cache is distinct, any other times are not. So If I log each of those caches once, it's three distinct. If I log cache CDE two times, it would then be four caches, three distinct.

Bottom line is if your total finds matched distinct finds, you are good. If you have less distinct than total finds, you have logged at least one cache multiple times.

Perhaps it was a website bug that caused a double log, or maybe you meant to write a note, and instead made it a found it log. Or maybe you logged one of the few caches that you are allowed to log multiple times-There are some grandfathered traveling virtual caches, which you are allowed to log every past location.

Edited by T.D.M.22

I have noticed on many user prifiles an X amount hides are distinct with a few not falling into that distinct catagory.

what is the differance between a distinct find and ones that are not distinct?

how would one go about sorting out your finds that are not distinct finds and converting them over to distinct?

thanks... ~

It means that they have logged a "found it" log more than once for the same GC code.

I think if you do a search of the forum for "distinct" you will find lots of threads about this, including the easier ways of finding which GC codes have more than one "found it" log posted.

To get the numbers to match up, the duplicate "found it" logs need to be deleted.

B.

Of course, there were/are some caches that permit or encourage duplicate finds. Moving caches for instance. There were Locationless and Mystery caches where the goals changed, and duplicate logs were encouraged for meeting the new goals. Very few of those remain, I certainly do not plan on eliminating my duplicates. They are all part of my history.

Of course, there were/are some caches that permit or encourage duplicate finds. Moving caches for instance. There were Locationless and Mystery caches where the goals changed, and duplicate logs were encouraged for meeting the new goals. Very few of those remain, I certainly do not plan on eliminating my duplicates. They are all part of my history.

Or an event cache with 250 temporary caches.