Kansas City Area Geocachers Get Together II

Guest Todd Svec

Guest Todd Svec

I've been asked by a number of people, and I think everyone had a good time at the first picnic. I'm thinking or organizing a Fall get together.

Who's interested? Who wants to help?

Guest Paul Lamble

I'll help. Just assign me something to do. I'm not that inventive or proactive otherwise.

Still, I've said it before, and I'll say it now: Todd Svec is the Godfather of Geocaching in Kansas City!

PL

Guest Paul Lamble

Seems like this fall is a little early for another get together. Maybe the spring would be better?

Maybe something formal with black tie and evening gowns. String quartet. NO, quintet! Rent a hall. Limos. Doormen.

Probably have more participants in the spring too.

PL

Guest dkirby7

I like the idea! I'm still really new to Geocaching (first trip out last weekend) but would love to meet some of you all... Late Sept. or early Oct. seems like it might be a good time weather wise, etc.

Guest turken

should be held off until spring or so. The very nature of organizing events through emails and message boards usually requires a lead time of several months for something as large scale as the picnic. However, I see nothing wrong with informal get-togethers every month or two. I believe that there are some other regions (Atlanta?) that do so. Maybe we can follow their example. Or if nothing else, I'd love to (schedule willing) go out on a hunt every so often with other cachers. Especially since it's always more fun in a group, and Hayley can't always cache with me due to work, etc.

Of course, if the demand for another picnic/dinner/bigevent is there, then there's not really any reason not too. Whatever the consensus comes to, it should be easier to plan and organize now that we've done it once and now that we have additional communication channels such as Todd's newsletter.

Guest rynokc

What the heck, we helped with the first. I am sure that I can talk Rhonda into helping with anyothers. Sorry, I haven't been around caching much lately but the Dive team has kept me VERY busy lately. But, we are back into the swing of things. I can't believe that there are all these caches in KC now..... I have to get busy. Ryan and Rhonda

Check out the following two sites to get information on the next gathering.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=11469

or

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?id=10613

The original site postedd by Steve Brown has been changed and we have been discussing it.

The date is tentatively scheduled for May 18 2002, near or around Lake Wyandotte near KC KS.

Hope you all keep up on the developments regarding this picnic.

Happy Caching.